Importing from Finland - costs & contact?

Syncro 4&4 Discussion and Q&A last answered over 2 years ago.
You may also want to visit the Wiki(pedia) for a more structured index of T25 repair, maintenance, technical and ownership topics (browse for Syncro links)

You can find further syncro specific information on the Syncronauts website.

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

Chewie
80-90 Mem No: 0

Re: Importing from Finland - costs & contact?

Post by Chewie »

Hello again.

I have a few questions about the auction(s) and I was hoping for a little help.

Tried to call Huutokaupat and Oberslachter several times but without luck.

First of all, I'm unsure about the dates given on huutokaupat.com - it says something about display of the items on the 14th, but does that mean that it is only possible to see the items on that day? My plan is to arrive so that I can be there both the 15th and 16th and my first impression was that the bidding doesn't start until afternoon on those days. Can anybody confirm this?

How do you pay the items if you buy anything? Do you have to bring cash or is it possible to pay with card or transfer money? This question is both for the military auction and the Oberslachter auction...

jes*b
80-90 Mem No: 10335

Post by jes*b »

hi, as far as i can recall....... you have to register with the auctioneers and lodge a 'credit card' , I am not sure they accept anything other than bids from people with finnish bank cards, I did speak to the auctioneers a while back - i found them helpful and their english good but they can tell you little about the vehicles, they are sold as seen, i recall one van that had a shot gear box and there was a sticker on the clocks warning of this but otherwise I'm pretty sure you only get to look, no starting up, test driving etc. From talking to Miiko O. and also the guy i bought my panel van from there will be german / finnish/ and 'Russian' interest in the !6"'s, that said some have gone real cheap in the past, some have gone relatively high. I have seen a few that Miiko has picked up 'in the flesh' and they were peaches. The auction is a real bear pit, nothing fancy...a guy climbs on the vehicle the crowd gathers round, they bid, then they move on. there are rules about removing the van from the auction soon after (24-48hrs?), I shipped mine to Harwich for 600euro or so. Miiko's place is very close to the auction and you should pay a visit just to see his collection of Syncro/Aircooled VW's plus you can buy parts, he's got the lot and you really need to get them while you are there as its tricky afterwards. I have a guy who will be going to the auction, perhaps you could hook up with him as he can translate, he missed out on the sweet LT last time round...

schimanski

Post by schimanski »

Hello,

Info for army auction day:

Tuesday 14.5.2013 is a display day, you can inspect vehicles between 9.00–15.00 and no bidding.

Wednesday 15.05.2013 bidding start already in the morning and same goes for thursday 16.05.2013 (at 9 o'clock I guess). So it's good to be there on Tuesday and you can check the vehicles in peace.

Does anyone know are they serving pea soup at the oberschlachter auction?

Welcome to Finland and happy auction :)
Arsène knows - In Arsène we trust

Chewie

Post by Chewie »

Thank you both for your answers...

But who do I contact for details about the auction, payment etc. Is that Huutokaupat or Millog?

I'm defintalely going to Oberslachter if I make the trip to Finland - their shop looks very nice!

@ jes*b: It could be really helpfull to have a contact at the auction. Is anybody else from here going? It could be nice to meet some new T3 fellows :)

schimanski

Post by schimanski »

Hello Chewie,

contact with Millog company, they organize the army auctions. Huutokaupat.com is only webpage where people put their auction advertisements.

Millog will publish their auction inquiry phone number soon, just follow the page https://www.huutokaupat.com/fi/v/35740

I have paid in cash or with Finnish bankcard in auctions, but I don't know do they approve foreign cards. You can try sending email to Millog, here's their address: info(at)millog.fi

I will come too, hopefully we meet also nice comrades from Germany :)

syncro4wd

Post by syncro4wd »

Hi,

Looking at the pics , they look they have been standing there the whole Winter ...bring a new battery and some Tools ! :D

Erwin

syncro4wd

Post by syncro4wd »

And tried not to drive them on the road once u have bought them...this will slightly uppset the Finnish police and was lucky that I din't have to pay the fine which would be higher then the value of the 16" :wink:

Erwin

schimanski

Post by schimanski »

Moving auction vehicles inside Finland we use white and red stickers called transfer permits.

here's more info in english language and a phone number http://www.trafi.fi/en/road/registratio ... er_permits

http://www.trafi.fi/en/road/registratio ... of_finland

They sell stickers in finnish MOT offices. There is MOT office near auction place and there are many offices in Tampere city.

Using trailer or towtruck is the safest way, off course.

Oberschlachter

Post by Oberschlachter »

Auction is on wed-thu, on first day there's normally just other stuff than cars & on second day all the cars - but final lists are not published yet.

Everyone is welcome to our shop on Thu 16.5 at early morning - we are driving to auction at morning, and you can get a lift to Kalkku with one of our hot Finnish Syncros! If you buy Syncro from auction, we can arange transport to our shop with our trailer / company license plates & perform required fixes and service.

Of course, on our private auction thursday afternoon, we'll serve pea soup also to all our Finnish friends :D
..of course, for customers there will be barbeque at evening, and our T25 sauna will be hot!

Have a nice 16" doka + nice 16" highroof ambu waiting for you & some other nice stuff as well ;)

https://www.facebook.com/oberschlachter" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.oberschlachter.fi/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

schimanski

Post by schimanski »

Auction catalog has been published:

Volkswagen Transporter D-245-299-DOPPEL-4x4/248, -91

Volkswagen Transporter 1900-255-299 Caravelle-4x4/246 -90

Volkswagen Transporter 1900-255-299 Caravelle-4x4/246 -90

Volkswagen Transporter D-251-299-Kasten-4x4/2480, -89

Volkswagen LT28D-281-M325-Hochraumkasten/295, -93

http://www.huutokaupat.com/uploads/file ... /16206.pdf

Oberschlachter

Post by Oberschlachter »

Our 16" Doka & 16" Ambu; both are for sale on 16.5.2013. Both 2.1WBX, both with 2 difflocks, Ambu driven 171000km, Doka 184000km.

More photos: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set ... 058&type=1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

schimanski

Post by schimanski »

Hello,

here comes auction pictures from sunny Tampere : http://s997.photobucket.com/user/vito11 ... ing%202013

syncroandy
Trader
80-90 Mem No: 851

Post by syncroandy »

Some lovely looking Syncro there ! TD's too..
Syncrosport
Volkswagen Transporter, reloaded.

252 GC5 EJ25 AAN L90D
246 097 AFN AVL+ L90D
Syncronaut #004

mm289
80-90 Mem No: 9111

Post by mm289 »

I want, I want, I want, why is it so far away :twisted:

Those two panel vans look great, someone needs to buy one for me to collect !

MM
'89 Autosleeper Trident
2.1 DJ
Member 9111

Aidan
Trader
80-90 Mem No: 742

Post by Aidan »

I want, I want, I want, why is it so far away :twisted:

it's only a short ryanair flight away :lol: