Rustoleum Pastel white L90D in small quantities.

Thin bits of metal and bright blue light. Including glass & trim.

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

what2do
80-90 Mem No: 11974

Re: Rustoleum Pastel white L90D in small quantities.

Post by what2do »

Combicolour.co.uk. Is cheaper than avenue in most cases and the man there really knows his stuff. Give him a call.
Why would the glass be anything other than half full?

'89 panel van, 1.9 DG.

ghost123uk
80-90 Mem No: 2585
Location: John in Malpas, in the very S. W. part of Cheshire.

Post by ghost123uk »

what2d wrote:Combicolour.co.uk. Is cheaper than avenue in most cases and the man there really knows his stuff. Give him a call.

Doh, I have just this moment completed my online order with Avenue :twisted: (apparently, from doing a quick research, they know what VW Pastel white L90D is, so that is reassuring).
Got a new van, but it's a 165bhp T4 [shock horror] Accurate LPG Station map here

ghost123uk

Post by ghost123uk »

And Combicolour do 750ml at £15, as opposed to Avenue's 1Ltr at £25 :twisted: :twisted: :?

Got a new van, but it's a 165bhp T4 [shock horror] Accurate LPG Station map here

ghost123uk

Post by ghost123uk »

ghost123uk wrote:
clift_d wrote:If you check out the Avenue Coatings website you can order Rustoleum Combicolor 7300 mixed to a colour code in a one litre quantity: http://www.avenue-online.co.uk/combicol ... 7566-p.asp

Thanks for that link :)
Not too bad a price for a Litre (£25) and I might be able to sell some surplus to other members, at a VW show (e.g. Oswestry) as you can't easily post it :roll:

I have now received my 1 Litre tin of Rustoleum Pastel White (L90D) paint. I don't need a Litre, just enough for some tidying up in the engine bay and a couple of stone chips and a bit where the sliding door caught the body due to poor alignment / adjustment. I will do these jobs when the weather improves.

Trouble is, as Itchyfeet points out above, apparently you're not supposed to send paint in the post, so unless anyone wants me to bring some to the Oswestry show, or any of the 80-90 meets in the west of the UK, then I am stuck with at least 80% of it in my shed!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Aside, hey CovKid, did you know your video is linked to on that web-page ^^^ ?

what2do

Post by what2do »

Start cleaning and painting under your arches then it'll look as spick and span as mine!!!

'89 panel van, 1.9 DG.

ghost123uk

Post by ghost123uk »

what2d wrote:Start cleaning and painting under your arches then it'll look as spick and span as mine!!!

Funnily enough, when this van was away for a body resto that took 2+ years :twisted: :evil: (remember that thread? :twisted: ) it came back (pretty much exactly 12 months ago) with the entire underside sprayed with underseal. I had not asked him to do this, we know that except for a few areas these vans don't suffer from chassis rot, but the insides of all the (new) arches were liberally covered in it. So they will have to remain sticky black! On the upside, apparently he had used some special spray attachments to thoroughly coat the insides of the sills and any other voids etc.

E D I T = spelling - I have OCD ;)
Last edited by ghost123uk on 14 Mar 2015, 09:56, edited 1 time in total.

ghost123uk

Post by ghost123uk »

Today I prepared a test bit of interior bodywork, the outside part of the sliding door upper channel, on the inside of the van, which looked tatty. Sanded it a bit, cleaned it with a wipe of thinners, etc. Then I masked it up using ordinary masking tape so as not to get paint on the headlining. I opened my 1 Litre can of Rustoleum, stirred it gently for 5 minutes and decanted some into a small jam jar. I used a small artists style brush to apply it.

I am very very pleased with the result. The colour appears to be spot on, the brush marks quickly disappeared, it is now dry and looks like new. I can't wait to get on with some more "bits" now. The inner areas of the "A" pillars need re-painting (for some unknown reason) and some other random bits. Later this spring I will be attacking some scruffy areas in the engine bay too.

I have far too much of this paint though (L90D) as I am only touching up small areas. If anyone else wants a bit I can't post it, but I will be at the Oswestry show, and various other meets around the Midlands ( Pikey, Eastnor Castle, Forest of Dean meets etc).
Last edited by ghost123uk on 14 Mar 2015, 10:37, edited 1 time in total.

what2do

Post by what2do »

Yes, like I mentioned previously, brush marks appear to disappear before your very eyes!!

'89 panel van, 1.9 DG.