Lowering problem, Any help please

Alloys, lowered, tinted or custom painted, in fact any custom work. Discussion and Q&A last answered over 2 years ago.
You may also want to visit the Wiki(pedia) for a more structured index of T25 repair, maintenance, technical and ownership topics.

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

sherlock
80-90 Mem No: 3096

Post by sherlock »

Fire turk is the one I got the kit off, he said he would give me a ring but no call yet :?
Sherlock.
[IMG:75:100]http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc91 ... 9117-2.gif[/img] Remember the 7 Ps......Prior Planning & Preperation Prevents Pi$$ Poor performance.

sherlock
80-90 Mem No: 3096

Post by sherlock »

Fireturk got back to me today, he's been in contact with the jemax guys and is waiting a reply. He did state that the kit should be level all round and was not to happy with this not being the case. The after service care with Fireturk is very good & friendly.
Sherlock.
[IMG:75:100]http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc91 ... 9117-2.gif[/img] Remember the 7 Ps......Prior Planning & Preperation Prevents Pi$$ Poor performance.

TechtroT25
80-90 Mem No: 2115

Post by TechtroT25 »

Ive got the same problem although i am using -60mm avo springs with g-max shocks its even worse at the rear now i have 18s with 35 profile tyres on,i might have to go -45 on the front for tyre /arch clearance and maybe even drop the rear down -70 does anyone forsee any problems i may encounter :?
Techtrot25 the pissead formaly known a Stef998 back in the wallet draining world of t25 ownership

Vampire Heart

Post by Vampire Heart »

Hi, ok you find its low at the front,this seems to be a common thing with most spring sets ,god knows why, i just get from people that is to cater for those who have a heavier diesel lump in the rear, now one thing worth trying and sucseeded for me was making a 5mm spacer ring out of either nylon chopping board or tr upvc fasia board, to sit in the socket recess of the front spring, lifts about 5mm and this also seems to angle the rear down a little, a lot of it depends on wot your bus is , is ut a caravelle fully loaded with a camper interior? i e more weight, or is it a panel or mini bus? and all these vehicles can have had varied lifes in the past, ive seen 2 identicle vehicles"caravelles" same age same kit, only difference one had done 21000 and the other 115,000 and they sat totally different. But by my own messing with various springs ive now got mine perfectly level and thats with 45 fronts and 60 rears and yes ive got a slight 5mm spacer on the front too
rip off the wings of a butterfly

shepster
80-90 Mem No: 1342

Post by shepster »

stef998 wrote:Ive got the same problem although i am using -60mm avo springs with g-max shocks its even worse at the rear now i have 18s with 35 profile tyres on,i might have to go -45 on the front for tyre /arch clearance and maybe even drop the rear down -70 does anyone forsee any problems i may encounter :?

G-max are the ones i've got, i went to 45 front with 60 rear and my van is now level, although i only run 16" wheels with 205/55 profile tyres so yours are probably wider.
2.1 DJ running on carb and LPG.

andyntyler
80-90 Mem No: 0

Post by andyntyler »

Hi, I have a westy California and just put a set of jamex shocks and springs on and I also suffer from nose down. There was a previous thread on this and a guy put a set of spring assisters (rubber donuts) on the front springs, so I tried it and it works. The front has come up by just over a cm and handling has not been affected. I found this a cheap alternative and one that could be removed quick and easy if required.
£24 inc postage from Towbars4u phone number. 01765 604771 / 07875 021548

Cheers
Andy

shepster
80-90 Mem No: 1342

Post by shepster »

andyntyler wrote:Hi, I have a westy California and just put a set of jamex shocks and springs on and I also suffer from nose down. There was a previous thread on this and a guy put a set of spring assisters (rubber donuts) on the front springs, so I tried it and it works. The front has come up by just over a cm and handling has not been affected. I found this a cheap alternative and one that could be removed quick and easy if required.
£24 inc postage from Towbars4u phone number. 01765 604771 / 07875 021548

Cheers
Andy

That was me i think, try towsure mine were about £10 a pair the ride height didn't alter much on mine but what it did do was reduce the amount of 'travel' when going over bumps which helped eliminate arch contact.
2.1 DJ running on carb and LPG.