Syncro xrissvagon

Big lumps of metals and spanners.

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

lloydy
80-90 Mem No: 5262

Re: Syncro xrissvagon

Post by lloydy »

Savings plan has started......... Oh, and i'll even take my interior out for you :lol:
Time is a drug. Too much of it kills you

Plasticman
Trader
80-90 Mem No: 1948

Post by Plasticman »

it does bring the cost down somewhat :lol:
honest lloyd, this really does look nice, cant wait to photo it all fitted up on the allys with the bfg's fitted, will take it up to the local hall for the picks especially at dawn when the light will be good . hey why not. it beats the heck out of watching west enders and the other carp on the box, pride in what you do, no matter what it is :ok
mm

Plasticman
Trader

Post by Plasticman »

Well all the bits painted so on with the refit amongst other jobs, one of the last blowovers was with most fittings left on the van ,takes ages to clean all the overspray of the rubbers,be easier if it was heavily painted,door seals
nice clean black rubber again :shock:
the one on the n/side had been fitted with a 10mm nut behind it so the rubber protruded too much and was a little torn but fits ok now.
this is the n/s b post that was a touch out of alignment
and this is the red donor door with the added 3rd fixing for the nice lecky mirrors(not jealous)
slider area looking straight again
renewed osr arch
n/s rearwing/1/4 seam
good reflection of my energy saving bulb :D well the bitsd are fit for the kitchen table so why not..
front 1/4's
and
got some apple and blackberry jam to make now :lol:
mm

Nij
80-90 Mem No: 10199

Post by Nij »

looking bloody amazing mate - i can only dream!

Plasticman
Trader

Post by Plasticman »

Well feeling better so back together with it.
One of the original low points was the very poor blow overs and touch ups, but it has to be laziness to leave the front grill on when painting !same both sides.
these clips arrived for fitting the lower grill but with the push pegs it would be a nightmare to remove so pegs out and very nice shiny bling ss tappers
here fitted
fuel filler surround cleaned and old derv removed then re blacked
both spots back in place
nice big bling badge
should get a lot more done tommorow
mm

jimpainter
80-90 Mem No: 0

Post by jimpainter »

Another top class job. :ok
JRP Automotive welding,bodywork, resprays, servicing and repair.
Classic Vw's
Cheshire

Mickyfin
80-90 Mem No: 10312

Post by Mickyfin »

Thats mighty impressive work them if I do say so myself. Good job Mickey, and glad your feeling better mate :ok
Owner of Flintstone, our T3/25 Caravelle C Syncro 1.9 Petrol.

Plasticman
Trader

Post by Plasticman »

well lunchtime so
Fitting up the ns door, I'll detail this as the fully lecky doors are a lot more involved than the humble ones, first job before stuffing the wires into the door make sure the metal bezel is fitted to the loom.
nice big grommet too but this should be adhered to the loom
winder mechanism in, this all fits through the hole where you see the motor
next up is 1/4 light, 1x 10mm and the small pozi screw at the top under the rubber
followed by the main door glass,this is left in the door then fit the inner and outer scrapers, heres an old one thats been cleaned up and polished
next the window is secured to the lift mech'sm, you have to put your hand in and pry the bottom of the window over a small protrusion on the lift bracket.
next the door latch, make sure to locate the plastic locking piece behind the door casing so it doesnt fall off, then fit internal opening control rod and finaly the solenoid, note the cable. it must be the side of the actuator as shown else it will foul the glass
back to it
mm

Mickyfin
80-90 Mem No: 10312

Post by Mickyfin »

Great update, and superb photos which will no doubt prove reference worthy :ok
Owner of Flintstone, our T3/25 Caravelle C Syncro 1.9 Petrol.

Plasticman
Trader

Post by Plasticman »

Well, been putting of the big mirrors as theyre a pain, still needs must so retap the mounting threads,
will be getting a new screw or two and fitting them with nylocs :twisted:
getting all the wires in was job enough,sat inside and when done poked it out through the absent 1/4 light, not risking ba scratch....
fitted the fridge and other external fittings, the fridge and water ones had as usual been overtightened so sanded the peaks of as much as poss and whilst using new gaskets I also used some black liquid rubber to keep the integrity of the seal , the brown stuff is dynax which I have brushed on and when dry so to speak will remove the excess, this also help prevent corrosion where self tappers cut through the new paint
and here
As side planks are fitted all round I have sprayed Dynax on, this will hopefully help also as the plastic mounts are rivited through then this will help keep the nasties at bay as its not a monthly task removing to clean behind :lol:
thats it for the day,
I need some wiring info so will start a new topic
mm

kevtherev
80-90 Mem No: 2264

Post by kevtherev »

You know Mike, all this is very valuable stuff, I hope you know we all appreciate your fantastic posts, they inspire confidence in us that do not have it :D
AGG 2.0L 8V. (Golf GTi MkIII)

Plasticman
Trader

Post by Plasticman »

Kev, none of its rocket science, its no nesecarilly the right way as such but it seems to work and if you do stuff step by step its got to be easier than bumbling around trying to make a cake without a recipe :rollin
still got to wire the mirrors, im being lazy as I could trial by error but that can go wrong too and Id rather spend my time eating.....
mm

Plasticman
Trader

Post by Plasticman »

Well got the wiring info so connected up the mirror and slider
the pair of wires hanging down are for the heter :shock: I will leave the actual mirrors off till ive tested the movement and confirmed that power is to the heater.
New washer jets fitted, for what they cost its not worth bothering with the old ones
cleaned up the vent covers
slider handle secured, theres abit of a drop but cant think of a way to tighten the mechanism
earlier I was busy alligning the slider, not always possible and in this case you can see that the B post and front wing are a touch out of line so in the end it is down to a compromise that looks good to the eye.
this is the initial allignment
nice waterproof rivits and these install with a nice crack, will also treat the insides.
trial fit of first of the planks
had enough today
mm

T'Onion
80-90 Mem No: 255

Post by T'Onion »

looking good mate .. who's is it ?
victus in mutuo vicis
Ego mori tu mori

Plasticman
Trader