Cruise control instalation and alternative parts.

An alchemy of sparks, copper wire and earth

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

Rascal
80-90 Mem No: 0

Re: Cruise control instalation and alternative parts.

Post by Rascal »

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/274630670906

Could be usefull is it the same stalk?

maxstu
80-90 Mem No: 3946

Post by maxstu »

Been watching for a fews days' now. I think stalk is correct. But have many parts now. Yet wiring loom would be handy. Are you interested in any parts, Russ?
MaxStu
1989 DJ 2.1 Auto Leisuredrive rusty bucket.
"Blissfully happy in your presence".

Rascal
80-90 Mem No: 0

Post by Rascal »

I had considered it but when you read description and compare pins to t25 stalk.. (excluding cruise plug), its missing Aprox 7 Pins on the stalk.. So I guess some functions won't work and considering only loom and stalk are not easily available your paying £300 for a stalk that isn't 100% compatible and a loom that still needs to be modded as brake switches are didferent. I'd rather just make my own loom... If it was all correct and bolt on and plug straight in yes.. But I wouldn't waste your money on it.

maxstu

Post by maxstu »

My same thoughts.
A couple of days ago l joined The Samba Club and placed a wanted notice for CC parts. Got a scammer immediately offering a complete system for $130 posted to UK. He sent loads of photos. I asked for one with his face or current newspaper. No answer. And aside from being bombarded with Whatsapps messages (now blocked), he wanted friends and family PayPal payment only. I said lets talk more on the phone. His African accent was just like Nelson Mandela! In Colorado? No way! Bye bye.
Only genuine (believeable) responder had a CC actuator clamp for sale for $24. But mailing cost another $30. Will try fabricating my own.
So lm down to wiring loom now. Have tried understand the diagram with help from Haynes and Bentley. But not entering a state of comprehension yet.
So will be pestering wiring guru's for help.
By the way. I saw a similar VSS to your one with just two terminals being offered on eBay. Claims its a CC VSS for mid 80's Scirocco.
MaxStu

maxstu

Post by maxstu »

Still in the game...

Got this bit from the US today. £35 delivered. That is a bargain in my eyes. And saves me fabricating an awkward bracket.
Same actuator bulb as Jag or perhaps Range Rover.

MaxStu