Recommendations for garages full restoration.

Thin bits of metal and bright blue light. Including glass & trim.

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

Mattb44
80-90 Mem No: 0

Recommendations for garages full restoration.

Post by Mattb44 »

Hi All,

Here is our T25 high top named Bilbo.

We have owned it for a couple of years now and it is running really well however, it’s starting to look a little tired with bits of rust appearing. The inside isn’t original interior and needs replacing. units, recover seats, door cards, headliner, electrics for leisure battery, etc.

Therefore we are looking for recommendations for really good garages to carry out a full exterior and interior restoration on our camper.

Based in the midlands but happy to travel for the right place.

Thanks

Matt

300CE
80-90 Mem No: 12017

Re: Recommendations for garages full restoration.

Post by 300CE »

I’ve no experience of this company personally but they’ve produced some decent vans and have been involved in a few things in the Hayburner mag.

Worth doing some research of them on-line or give them a call:

https://www.johnsonautoworks.com/
'86 DG, Weber Carb

mariner
80-90 Mem No: 9916

Post by mariner »

Hi. I know you're midlands based but as you said you're prepared to travel thought I'd share my own experience on this - we're based in Bristol.

Our van is currently being chopped apart and resprayed by vdubresto just outside of Bristol. Mark has been great all the way through and reasonable with his costings. He deals mainly with bodywork but I think he can arrange for interior work as well. I stripped the van out myself. He's going to do a bit of relining for me inside before I then attempt to build myself some new units and put everything back together.

There's also jeff's vw shack down here in Bristol, again I think they are primarily bodywork. They are well thought of and I went down and had a chat with them. They pride themselves on doing a 'proper' job and I would expect their quote to reflect this. They are also mega busy, a good sign, but could mean quite a wait.

If you're really prepared to travel, I went down and visited Coast VW down in North Devon. They will do everything for you and Jon was hugely helpful and very generous with his time. They pride themselves on the finished article looking like it's just rolled out of the factory. As a result, the quote was too rich for my blood and budget but I'm certain they would have done a fantastic job.

1985 Super Viking with Subaru EJ22 (formerly 1.9 petrol DG)
1981 air-cooled 2.0 high top

dbz864
Trader
80-90 Mem No: 12098

Post by dbz864 »

Do you realise how much a interior and exterior refit would cost?
We should all start to live before we get too old. Fear is stupid. So are regrets.
- Marilyn Monroe