Broken Roof on T25 High Top Club Joker

Thin bits of metal and bright blue light. Including glass & trim.

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

Hilda
80-90 Mem No: 0

Post by Hilda »

ImageImageImageI just broke the roof of my hightop club joker 1990. The front bit has been ripped up and I think its probably beyond repair. Does anyone know of a company that supplies replacement hightop or can repair?
Last edited by Hilda on 24 Nov 2020, 13:08, edited 1 time in total.

clift_d
80-90 Mem No: 11695

Post by clift_d »

Hilda wrote:I just broke the roof of my hightop club joker 1990. The front bit has been ripped up and I think its probably beyond repair. Does anyone know of a company that supplies replacement hightop or can repair?
You might be able to get it repaired, but it sounds like yours is probably too damaged for that.

If you want to retain the high top then I suspect that you’ll probably need to be on the lookout for a roof cut from a van that has succumbed to other issues. Maybe try contacting Mick at NWVW to let him know you are on the lookout. If you do get a roof cut, then I would suggest that you swap the fibreglass roof over, rather than cutting the old top off and reattaching the replacement. These high tops can suffer from serious corrosion at the gutter under the fibreglass, and so it would be good in there at the same time to sort this out.

If you fancy trying a pop top instead, then there are kits and at least one fitter out there who could probably do this for you.

Space roofs pop top

Reimo pop top
Last edited by clift_d on 22 Nov 2020, 15:15, edited 1 time in total.
1988 LHD T25 1.6TD Westfalia Club Joker Hightop syncro

R0B
80-90 Mem No: 864

Re: Broken Roof on T25 High Top Club Joker

Post by R0B »

Take a picture and post it up so we can see the damage.
2.1 LPG/Petrol Auto Caravelle