Golf Mk4 "APK" engine conversion

for questions and answers about alternative power transplants on the T25, GTi, Porsche,Subaru etc, this is the place. You must register to post but anyone can read.

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

silverbullet
Trader
80-90 Mem No: 6908

Re: Golf Mk4

Post by silverbullet »

Its probably all small gains tbh Kev, but the AGG I have has been picked clean (no wiring, no throttle body, distributor damaged...) whereas the APK is complete, but the block is incompatible with JX ancilliaries without a ton of money being spent on FAS parts, which sit the engine lower in the body just to get it under the hatch OR a ton of money to develop a proper sump for it and make custom mounting arms.
Cheaper and easier to play VW Lego at this stage.
85 syncro Caravelle twin slider Oettinger T3200E-6
90 SA Microbus supercharged wbx/UN1 project

http://www.025motorsport.com

silverbullet
Trader
80-90 Mem No: 6908

Re: Golf Mk4

Post by silverbullet »

After a lot of thought and time sat in my private office :wink: I appear to have made a breakthrough with the inlet manifold height & clearance problem! So... to keep the cooling plumbing simple I'm ditching the AGG bottom end/crossflow head idea (the JX cooling system is a bit messy at best) and keeping it all "Gen V" as the anciliiaries are better packaged.
Just add a goldfish bowl for coolant expansion duties.
Because the cast sump project has been put on hold, I am going to use a modified so-called hybrid steel-bottomed sump, then make a welded JX syle wedge lower half c/w oil control baffles etc.
The APK will need a custom arm for the "top" side but thats the least of my worries now.
85 syncro Caravelle twin slider Oettinger T3200E-6
90 SA Microbus supercharged wbx/UN1 project

http://www.025motorsport.com