Camping between crimbo and new year

Where you go, where you stay and everything to do with getting there and back.

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

Dazco
80-90 Mem No: 10544
Location: Sheffield. 1984 autosleeper trooper. 1.9 petrol called Jambo

Camping between crimbo and new year

Post by Dazco »

Can anyone recommend a site in Yorkshire Dales or NYM that is open between crimbo and new year . Ta velly much. Daz
Auto sleeper fitted with EJ 20 subaru lump

jamesc76
80-90 Mem No: 1186

Re: Camping between crimbo and new year

Post by jamesc76 »

not many are open, but theres a club meet at llangollen at new year
DJ at Dubdayz Summerfest
Now cutting about in an LT35 MWB

Dazco

Post by Dazco »

Cheers James but we want to head up to Yd or NYM .

Sleedale
80-90 Mem No: 11478

Post by Sleedale »

Not sure if either of the two in / near Masham are open. One is The Station, just outside Masham 'town', the other is behind the Black Swan at Fearby and I'm sure I've seen caravans occupied over the festive season. It's a nice pub with good food too and on a clear day the views are fabulous (I know I live on t'other side of the hill)
Links

http://www.blackswanholiday.co.uk/

http://www.oldstation-masham.co.uk

The Black Swan has the best views, the Old Station is flatter!

If you do decide to visit, let me know, we could meet up :ok

Sue
Sue
1985 1.9 DG petrol, 4 speed, wasserboxer, Cavalier Coachman Classic

Dazco

Post by Dazco »

Ill give Black swan a try, I know the station is closed from the end of November, cheers , Daz.

Dazco

Post by Dazco »

looks like Black swan is closed aswell from end of Oct to start of March. Back to the drawing board.

Sleedale

Post by Sleedale »

Dazco wrote:looks like Black swan is closed aswell from end of Oct to start of March. Back to the drawing board.

That's weird, I'm sure I've seen she'd pullers there over the festive season. Ho hum, I'll ask a friend who is a local at the pub.

Earlier in the year we stayed a night here

http://www.campingintheforest.co.uk/eng ... e-campsite

Just checked and its open all year, nice area, lots to see, walks from the site if you have dogs, sheltered too. Have a very small cafe type place, good enough showers etc and flat hard standings. Oh and EHU too if you dont have propex or similar (like us) Anyway, an idea.

There are also some CL type sites in our area, might be worth a look on the C&CC web site?

Good luck, if you get really stuck, we have a bit of a drive and a heck of a view but may be snowed in by then :shock:
Sue

ringo
80-90 Mem No: 1375

Post by ringo »

Spiers house looks great. I'm going to have to have a serious think about that for £35 per night though.

We too are heading off that way on the 27th. I'm a member of the caravan club (don't ask) but I don't recall there being any sites open in that area.

Ringo
Now driving a big bad VW LT Florida.

LittleMissSunshine
80-90 Mem No: 10589

Post by LittleMissSunshine »

We use spiers a lot, it is excellent - the facilities are great - even a bar in the shop and a fish and chip van on a Friday night. We don't pay that much though. Best bit, it is on edge of cropton forest for lovely walks and cycling. I would say treat yourselves, you won't be disappointed!
1988 transporter caravelle Komet. 1.9 petrol.

shoey bracken
80-90 Mem No: 11737

Post by shoey bracken »

im going spiers house 2 nights fri and sat after boxing day, just rung up no need to book loads of space only vw loonys daft enough to camp maden voyage in new motor. freezing gonads but got border terrier and body heat of wife looks great place :ok :D
HERE TODAY, THERE TOMORROW AND EVERYWHERE THE DAY AFTER you dont need money where im going ,you just need it to get you there

Sleedale

Post by Sleedale »

Ok, so
For folks looking for the Dales between Christmas and new year and finding it hard. I have friends who own this place

http://www.thebivouac.co.uk which isn't a camp site, BUT, I asked nicely and they would be happy for one or two VW's to pitch up on their car park. They don't usually allow over night camping cos they have shacks, yurts and a bunk barn. They also have fab showers, loos etc and if it gets really rough you could opt for a night in the bunk barn! They also don't have EHU but I know they have ONE electric socket in the yurt field, near enough the car park to run a lead to I think.

It's a fab place, the cafe is just lovely, wood burner, family room for littlies and lovely coffee, cake and food. They have a bar also! It's 3 miles outside Masham, or so and next to the Druids Temple and woodland. The temple is a standing stone circle and stones, but is a folly, not a real Druids one! There's lots of walking around, Masham has two breweries, cafes etc and its easy reach of the North Yorkshire Moors etc too.

Anyhow, enough selling my home area :oops: but if you are stuck, ring Sam or Beth at The Bivouac and see what they can offer.
Sue

Dazco

Post by Dazco »

MMMMMMM looks very interesting, sue, i had looked at this place before , but on seeing that they didnt alow vans forgot about it .
Andrea is now hooked on the idea of spiers site as iots not far from Rosedale or the Cropton brewery :rofl .
Looks like a Mini meet is on the way. dont park too close as Andrea snores like hell(bugger shes gonna kill me now).
Sue we might look at Bivouac early on in the year if the offer is still on and they arnt too busy. Thanks for asking anyhow :ok

Sleedale

Post by Sleedale »

shoey bracken wrote:im going spiers house 2 nights fri and sat after boxing day, just rung up no need to book loads of space only vw loonys daft enough to camp maden voyage in new motor. freezing gonads but got border terrier and body heat of wife looks great place :ok :D
They have EHU and a fan heater keeps you toasty :ok
Sue

Sleedale

Post by Sleedale »

Dazco wrote:MMMMMMM looks very interesting, sue, i had looked at this place before , but on seeing that they didnt alow vans forgot about it .
Andrea is now hooked on the idea of spiers site as iots not far from Rosedale or the Cropton brewery :rofl .
Looks like a Mini meet is on the way. dont park too close as Andrea snores like hell(bugger shes gonna kill me now).
Sue we might look at Bivouac early on in the year if the offer is still on and they arnt too busy. Thanks for asking anyhow :ok

You are very welcome, it is a lovely place, so if you can, visit even if only for coffee and cake sometime.

Enjoy Spiers. We only stayed one night but it was lovely. They also have shacks with heating and plumbing if it gets a bit rough :idea
Sue

LittleMissSunshine
80-90 Mem No: 10589

Post by LittleMissSunshine »

We love to walk round the forest, calling in for a pint at the brewery and then walking back to the site. They only serve food from 12-2pm then again at 6pm, which caught us out when I fancied some chips!!!

Very jealous :-)
1988 transporter caravelle Komet. 1.9 petrol.