Search found 46 matches

by Lillythefrenchie2026
12 Sep 2026, 19:34
Forum: Electrical & Instrumentation
Topic: Flasher relay chattering
Replies: 8
Views: 778

Re: Flasher relay chattering

I would stick another brand new relay in, rule that out first. If it’s not actually activating the lights I would say it’s that.
by Lillythefrenchie2026
25 Aug 2026, 08:08
Forum: Electrical & Instrumentation
Topic: Battery drain, help please!
Replies: 22
Views: 1113

Re: Battery drain, help please!

Here you go. This morning I also fitted a 12V inline switch to the head unit, as it has a permanent live and was draining the battery. Any chance you could post some idiot proof instructions on how you did that please? First off, disclaimer – I’m certainly no electrician! 😂 So, what I did was buy a ...
by Lillythefrenchie2026
24 Aug 2026, 21:51
Forum: Electrical & Instrumentation
Topic: Battery drain, help please!
Replies: 22
Views: 1113

Re: Battery drain, help please!

Lillythefrenchie2026 wrote: ↑24 Aug 2026, 10:30 Can your radio be turned on without the ignition being switched on?

I would say theres a high chance your radio is pulling a feed even when it’s switched off. I had to fit an inline switch to mine as it kept flattening battery. Had no issue since.
by Lillythefrenchie2026
24 Aug 2026, 10:30
Forum: Electrical & Instrumentation
Topic: Battery drain, help please!
Replies: 22
Views: 1113

Re: Battery drain, help please!

Can your radio be turned on without the ignition being switched on?
by Lillythefrenchie2026
23 Aug 2026, 20:28
Forum: Electrical & Instrumentation
Topic: Battery drain, help please!
Replies: 22
Views: 1113

Re: Battery drain, help please!

Long shot, but does your head unit have a contact live feed to it. I had this issue on mine when I fitted a new stereo.
by Lillythefrenchie2026
22 Aug 2026, 12:43
Forum: Campers
Topic: Bed "topper"
Replies: 4
Views: 550

Re: Bed "topper"

This one has just popped up on my Vinted feed;

https://www.vinted.co.uk/items/97370124 ... g-mattress
by Lillythefrenchie2026
19 Aug 2026, 21:47
Forum: Campers
Topic: Centre console
Replies: 1
Views: 460

Centre console

Has anyone fitted one of these into there van, I can get it at a decent price but unsure if it will look out of place. It’s been in storage for a while so needs a deep clean. I’ve seen them new for £240 upwards https://i.postimg.cc/66zX1CmP/IMG-2971.jpg https://i.postimg.cc/HW3gPbNG/IMG-2972.jpg htt...
by Lillythefrenchie2026
13 Aug 2026, 22:36
Forum: Electrical & Instrumentation
Topic: Help with unknown switch
Replies: 8
Views: 767

Re: Help with unknown switch

As with any mystery switches like this, all you can do is trace it back to the point where it joins the rest of the vehicle which might give you some hints at what problem they were trying to solve. Then you can remove it, and maybe fix the problem properly Yep, think it’s a job for the weekend the...
by Lillythefrenchie2026
13 Aug 2026, 20:15
Forum: Electrical & Instrumentation
Topic: Help with unknown switch
Replies: 8
Views: 767

Re: Help with unknown switch

Its clearly a third party add on so no one will know. You are going to have to trace the wires. BUT looking at the fuse box pic there is some a twin grey cable wiring at the side of relay 21. This cable is not standard looks like the wire at the switch. That may well need to be cleared up. Nothing ...
by Lillythefrenchie2026
12 Aug 2026, 19:41
Forum: Electrical & Instrumentation
Topic: Help with unknown switch
Replies: 8
Views: 767

Help with unknown switch

Bit of a long shot, but does anyone know what this switch activates? It’s pulling a 12v feed, but tracing the wires they seem to go up and beyond the instrument cluster. When you pull it in/out. You can hear a relay clicking which I thought was 21 but that’s for the hazard light, I removed this and ...
by Lillythefrenchie2026
11 Aug 2026, 10:23
Forum: Electrical & Instrumentation
Topic: Horn Upgrade
Replies: 10
Views: 831

Re: Horn Upgrade

T3luestar wrote: ↑11 Aug 2026, 09:25 I have a Stebel Nautilus, it required a relay to be fitted to work properly, it's more than loud enough.

Yeah Chat GPT said most 12v will need a relay fitting, I was ideally looking for a straight swap plug and play.
by Lillythefrenchie2026
10 Aug 2026, 20:52
Forum: Electrical & Instrumentation
Topic: Horn Upgrade
Replies: 10
Views: 831

Horn Upgrade

Evening all, The horn on my Auto-Sleeper sounds like a dead mouse being run over and desperately squeezing out its last bit of air. It’s incredibly quiet and not much use! Has anyone upgraded theirs to something a bit louder? If so, any recommendations or suggestions would be much appreciated. Cheers!
by Lillythefrenchie2026
10 Aug 2026, 12:15
Forum: Campers
Topic: Bunk Bed Ladders
Replies: 2
Views: 576

Re: Bunk Bed Ladders

I’ve seen those but I think they are a bit bulky and wide to store when not in use.
by Lillythefrenchie2026
09 Aug 2026, 11:25
Forum: Campers
Topic: Bunk Bed Ladders
Replies: 2
Views: 576

Bunk Bed Ladders

I have a 1986 VW t25 auto sleeper with bunk beds, I’m looking for a set of ladders so it’s easier to get into bed.

Anyone have any recommendations of where to get a lightweight set that is easy to store in the van.

TIA

Lee
by Lillythefrenchie2026
03 Aug 2026, 11:27
Forum: Mechanical
Topic: How do I get to the hoses for the windshield washer
Replies: 6
Views: 759

Re: How do I get to the hoses for the windshield washer

I’m sure if they do fall trough you can assess behind the dash, mines a LHD model and I upgraded the jets and the left hose fell in.