Search found 36 matches
- 09 Sep 2026, 12:01
- Forum: Mechanical
- Topic: Garage Services NE Scotland
- Replies: 2
- Views: 221
Re: Garage Services NE Scotland
Blimey! No replies. I know that resident T3s are thin on the ground up here - so it looks like it's the local garage for the tank swap.
- 06 Sep 2026, 13:53
- Forum: Mechanical
- Topic: Garage Services NE Scotland
- Replies: 2
- Views: 221
Garage Services NE Scotland
Since Russel (Russel's Garage, Inchmore, Inverness) has stopped working on T3s I have had to utilise a couple of nearby garages for repair and maintenance work I am unable to do myself. To be fair these garages are ok, but as busy operations they need to get vehicles through as quick as possible and...
- 12 Aug 2026, 16:18
- Forum: Mechanical
- Topic: Holdsworth 1.9 petrol 1984 (screech on starting)
- Replies: 6
- Views: 405
Re: Holdsworth 1.9 petrol 1984 (screech on starting)
And when replacing the belt do leave a little slack in it......too much tension and you run the risk of knackering the water pump. Now, that is a pita!
Mick.
Mick.
- 27 Jun 2026, 15:59
- Forum: Electrical & Instrumentation
- Topic: Brake lights always on my 1985 T25
- Replies: 8
- Views: 2082
Re: Brake lights always on my 1985 T25
In response to your question regarding the brake lights suddenly behaving themselves all I can say is that I experienced that as well. All was fine for a while and then the problem of sticking brake lights re-appeared. For the sake of a few quid I just changed out the brake switch (as explained abov...
- 21 Sep 2023, 10:18
- Forum: Electrical & Instrumentation
- Topic: 1988 Trident split charge relay location
- Replies: 7
- Views: 10017
Re: 1988 Trident split charge relay location
No worries Steve,
Your plan sounds good.
Mick.
Your plan sounds good.
Mick.
- 17 Sep 2023, 14:15
- Forum: Electrical & Instrumentation
- Topic: 1988 Trident split charge relay location
- Replies: 7
- Views: 10017
Re: 1988 Trident split charge relay location
Where are you Steve? I too have recently bought a Trident (1.9DG); it's completely unmolested (as in, no-one has 'upgraded/bodged' or tinkered with it) so if you need a template to look at to see what's what with the internals you're more than welcome to look at mine. Having said that, I doubt if yo...
- 20 Jul 2023, 15:42
- Forum: Mechanical
- Topic: 1.9dg watercooled Exhaust
- Replies: 16
- Views: 2721
Re: 1.9dg watercooled Exhaust
I'm with Rob and Cobblers on this one. Here's an extract I posted from a similar topic some five years ago: A little while back I had a problem with a manifold downpipe from JP Exhaust (Macclesfield) who had supplied the whole stainless system over 7 years ago. A crack had developed on the tight ben...
- 02 Feb 2023, 15:07
- Forum: Mechanical
- Topic: T25 garages in Glasgow
- Replies: 2
- Views: 611
Re: T25 garages in Glasgow
And answer came there none..................
- 30 Jan 2023, 20:39
- Forum: Mechanical
- Topic: T25 garages in Glasgow
- Replies: 2
- Views: 611
Re: T25 garages in Glasgow
Cal, when I lived in Glasgow (some 7 or 8 years ago) I used to use David Mylett Motor Engineers in Thornliebank. They work on all makes but David knows his veedubs and I certainly would recommend him. I guess it all depends on what side of the city you are as to whether Thornliebank is convenient fo...
- 05 May 2022, 20:33
- Forum: Bodywork, Seats & Glass
- Topic: Bodyshop in Scotland that does T25s.
- Replies: 8
- Views: 3152
Re: Bodyshop in Scotland that does T25s.
Here you go Jamie............ JW AUTOBODY - John 07900 314 962 - www.jwautobody.com John Westwater at the above. He's a one man band, knows his stuff especially T3s, and has a waiting list (the good ones always do). He said that as the van is in Beauly it would be a shame not to have a look at it if...
- 05 May 2022, 18:52
- Forum: Bodywork, Seats & Glass
- Topic: Bodyshop in Scotland that does T25s.
- Replies: 8
- Views: 3152
Re: Bodyshop in Scotland that does T25s.
Ok, I'll get back in touch as soon as...............
Mick.
Mick.
- 05 May 2022, 10:08
- Forum: Bodywork, Seats & Glass
- Topic: Bodyshop in Scotland that does T25s.
- Replies: 8
- Views: 3152
Re: Bodyshop in Scotland that does T25s.
Hi Jamie,
Depending on where you are in Moray and how far you are prepared to travel I know of a guy over Beauly way; I'm not sure if he's still working so I can check for you if you like?
Mick.
Depending on where you are in Moray and how far you are prepared to travel I know of a guy over Beauly way; I'm not sure if he's still working so I can check for you if you like?
Mick.
- 17 Jul 2021, 20:39
- Forum: Campers
- Topic: Gutter bars with Fiamma awning
- Replies: 3
- Views: 2569
Re: Gutter bars with Fiamma awning
This thread may be of interest to you..................
viewtopic.php?f=40&t=163115&p=8207258#p8207258
I eventually went with a Fiamma fix/bodge system that clamps on to the roof bars thus raising the awning shell about 20cm above the gutters.
Cheers,
Mick.
viewtopic.php?f=40&t=163115&p=8207258#p8207258
I eventually went with a Fiamma fix/bodge system that clamps on to the roof bars thus raising the awning shell about 20cm above the gutters.
Cheers,
Mick.
- 20 Aug 2020, 07:21
- Forum: Mechanical
- Topic: Clunking - on big Exmoor hills
- Replies: 2
- Views: 921
Re: Clunking - on big Exmoor hills
Ade,
First off, check your engine and gearbox mounts - they could be shot and flexing too much - hence the clunking when on inclines and on drive take-up.
CV joints tend to make a 'clucking' sound rather like an angry hen!
(Both examples above are from my own personal experience).
Mick.
First off, check your engine and gearbox mounts - they could be shot and flexing too much - hence the clunking when on inclines and on drive take-up.
CV joints tend to make a 'clucking' sound rather like an angry hen!
(Both examples above are from my own personal experience).
Mick.
- 12 Feb 2019, 23:03
- Forum: Mechanical
- Topic: Driveshaft fell off!
- Replies: 23
- Views: 9192
Re: Driveshaft fell off!
It's happened to many of us.............don't worry it's not serious. Get some new bolts if they've been bent out of shape, torque up and continue.
(Check all the other bolts down there while you're at it).
(Check all the other bolts down there while you're at it).