Search found 71 matches

by firetrader
25 Aug 2026, 06:58
Forum: Electrical & Instrumentation
Topic: Battery drain, help please!
Replies: 22
Views: 827

Re: Battery drain, help please!

Searched high and low for the post showing how to fit an on off switch to the radio, can anyone point me in the right direction please?
by firetrader
24 Aug 2026, 07:05
Forum: Bodywork, Seats & Glass
Topic: Side vents are accumulating water inside the car
Replies: 3
Views: 398

Re: Side vents are accumulating water inside the car

There was a similar pst on the T3 group on Facebook, someone posted an idea  that help minimise the problem, it entailed a cable tie on the bottom part of the plastic vent with the tail of the tie turning outside, the water drips down it an kind of diverts the channel of water that comes from the en...
by firetrader
24 Aug 2026, 06:57
Forum: Electrical & Instrumentation
Topic: Battery drain, help please!
Replies: 22
Views: 827

Re: Battery drain, help please!

From what I can gather its quite common unfortunately, someone put a post on here which was very helpful.It related to how the radio can cause the parasitic draw and steadily lower your battery reserve charge, they even put a remedy on, this entailed fitting an on/off with to the vehicle battery wir...
by firetrader
18 Aug 2026, 11:07
Forum: Electrical & Instrumentation
Topic: Compressor fridge batttery charging.
Replies: 6
Views: 555

Re: Compressor fridge batttery charging.

The JKF50 compressor fridge (Just Kampers) is said to only draw 0.7 amp per hour after settling down on start up (it takes about 5 amps to start up and get to correct temp then knocks on and off as required) so even if running a little more than a fridge you should get a few days off a lithium batte...
by firetrader
11 Aug 2026, 16:27
Forum: Electrical & Instrumentation
Topic: Electrical Drain! do i start to pull fuses?
Replies: 12
Views: 4523

Re: Electrical Drain! do i start to pull fuses?

Removed the fuse from the split charger and no detrimental effect found (yet), van battery was about 25% depleted again after  just over a week but its not been run. Not overly sure if I have a problem as I know that naturally a battery's charge will deplete , not sure, but do think something could ...
by firetrader
06 Aug 2026, 06:56
Forum: Mechanical
Topic: Draining cooling system
Replies: 21
Views: 1502

Re: Draining cooling system

Changing the coolant  - I know this is quite a tedious job, but I made the mistake of using G11 coolant which needs removing flushing and replenishment every 2 years, whilst the G12++ coolant is every 5 years, so I should have perhaps gone for that in the first place , so in essence mine needs doing...
by firetrader
03 Aug 2026, 10:39
Forum: Electrical & Instrumentation
Topic: Electrical Drain! do i start to pull fuses?
Replies: 12
Views: 4523

Re: Electrical Drain! do i start to pull fuses?

Many thanks ,its a new lithium battery , works great, with a genius smart charger,will have a go it removing the fuse from the split charger as I am registering no flow from it anyway when running the vehicle. Worth a go to see the result I feel.
by firetrader
03 Aug 2026, 06:49
Forum: Electrical & Instrumentation
Topic: Electrical Drain! do i start to pull fuses?
Replies: 12
Views: 4523

Re: Electrical Drain! do i start to pull fuses?

Just a quick question regarding this issue as I notice there are multiple posts on vehicle battery drains. (By the way I am not an expert so views gratefully received). I recently tidied up my wiring around my leisure battery and found my split charge relay, it had a fuse within it which had blown s...
by firetrader
31 Jul 2026, 11:34
Forum: Campers
Topic: Removing carpet from walls & roof
Replies: 5
Views: 650

Re: Removing carpet from walls & roof

Good tip, may try the diluted wallpaper paste idea for now, thanks
 
by firetrader
31 Jul 2026, 07:00
Forum: Campers
Topic: Removing carpet from walls & roof
Replies: 5
Views: 650

Re: Removing carpet from walls & roof

I have a similar problem that is only minor at the moment, have been thinking on it , would imagine its a big job?
by firetrader
30 Jul 2026, 17:36
Forum: Campers
Topic: Bed "topper"
Replies: 4
Views: 423

Re: Bed "topper"

Thanks for that, will research it in terms of cost, I already have a similar Vango (Odyssey),one I used to use when in a tent (its only 760mm wide though), thanks for the idea, like it!
by firetrader
30 Jul 2026, 16:35
Forum: Campers
Topic: Bed "topper"
Replies: 4
Views: 423

Bed "topper"

I have a long trip coming up in a few weeks , was wondering, has anyone any good experiences of a type of mattress topper to add a little comfort. Whilst I can cope with the bed arrangement, over the nights on a long stay it can prove a little uncomfortable over a longer period of time. Have had som...
by firetrader
27 Jul 2026, 06:43
Forum: Bodywork, Seats & Glass
Topic: Resealing fibreglass roof
Replies: 24
Views: 17431

Re: Resealing fibreglass roof

All good information.I spoke with a couple not long ago who had to totally remove their hard top roof due to problems.So remedial work important. It made me look a my gutters and on close up it was manky looking down on ladders, just cleaned it out and going to paint the inside or even run a bead of...
by firetrader
17 Jul 2026, 11:40
Forum: Bodywork, Seats & Glass
Topic: Spray painter recommendations please
Replies: 11
Views: 1284

Re: Spray painter recommendations please

Thanks for the handy tips, once done in that paint I assume you have to stay with that paint , dont thick traditional acrylic paint goes over it , just brainstorming, its quite a big decision I guess.
by firetrader
17 Jul 2026, 07:17
Forum: Bodywork, Seats & Glass
Topic: Spray painter recommendations please
Replies: 11
Views: 1284

Re: Spray painter recommendations please

Thanks the roller idea had made me think, not overly sure about the product at this stage (one video gave  Rust-Oleum CombiColor as a good paint - 2 tins per van - need to think on this as always thought of acrylic spray approach), so will do further research in coming weeks, like the idea though, m...