General Battery charging Hydrogen gas explosion warnings
This is a general warning regarding charging motor vehicle batteries in enclosed areas. Batteries produce highly explosive Hydrogen Gas when being charged (the higher the charge the more gas is given off) you should take extreme care firstly to ensure good ventilation especially when 'Boost' charging and even more care when working around a heavily gassing battery. Even static from clothing is enough to cause an explosion. A general tip when disconnecting a battery: you are likely to cause a small spark when removing either terminals...use a newspaper to fan the area just before removing or re-connecting a battery to evacuate any standing gas, open doors to ventilate the area if the battery has been heavily gassing. Always disconnect/re-connect the NEGATIVE battery terminal first.