General - H&S Drilling
From VW T25(T3)-TechJump to navigationJump to search
- Drills can (and do)break and chunks of shank fly anywhere (e.g. usually into your face).
Eye specs/goggs at least wouldn't go amiss. Have had a few very misses, hot tool steel is rather uncompromising stuff.
- Do not leave the chuck key in the drill chuck inadvertantly (they do real damage if you touch the trigger or On-button of a pillar-drill)
- Make sure the drill switch is off and not locked on before first plugging in
- Wearing gloves, don't use the trigger to fast mount the drill in the chuck
- Watch what's behind if drilling blind e.g. fuel tank below cab floor!