Page 1 of 1

Mechanics in Oxford area?

Posted: 10 Aug 2026, 12:15
by Bex710
Hi - my van is stalling at junctions and my regular mechanic is on holiday ... need to get sorted before a trip to the Lakes at the end of the month. Is this something any competent mechanic could investigate or should I wait for a specialist? Any recommendations - the van is driveable - just about - the problem happens quite a lot but not all the time.

Re: Mechanics in Oxford area?

Posted: 10 Aug 2026, 18:48
by mioba
When was the fuel filter last changed. Any sugns of leaks.

Re: Mechanics in Oxford area?

Posted: 31 Aug 2026, 18:08
by RobOxford
A few years ago when I was living in Oxford I used to get great service from VanShack: https://vanshack.co.uk/

It looks as if they have changed owner or changed their branding a bit .. but they may be worth a call.