emissions

LPG, Bio Diesel, Hydrogen, Fuel Cell Questions and Answers last answered over 2 years ago.
You may also want to visit the 80-90 Wiki(pedia) for a more structured index of T25 repair, maintenance, technical and ownership topics.

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

TOMMY THE CAT
80-90 Mem No: 48

emissions

Post by TOMMY THE CAT »

Just for the record for a thicky.....which regarding 'nasty' emissions is the most enviromentally friendly lpg or bio diesel?
Probably a daft question but as I am getting older I do think a little more about the environment and me carbon footprint mc thingy so if I was gonna change the van and use it only for me hols and all fuels were easily available to me what should I choose?
Sorry if this has already been brought up :roll: Dave
funny/witty remark or some toss song lyric should go here
Member number 48 IIRC!!!!!

Louey
80-90 Mem No: 1108

Post by Louey »

One or two things that have to be taken into consideration

is the conditon of the engine

what is the mix of the bio diesel - 100% veg oil would probably be cleaner than LPG (but I could be wrong)
Louey

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄█▓▒░ 'The only Tranny in the village' ▒▓█▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀

TOMMY THE CAT

Post by TOMMY THE CAT »

Ta Louey I appreciate that really and I have passed on your info about the garage selling Bio diesel in Brum as me sister lives there and does a fair bit of mileage with her band but I guess the question is regarding the best quality mix bio compared to lpg. I am not paticularily intersted in sticking me own mix veg oil in as some are trying on here just commercialy available bio derv. Is there any way to find out how bio a derv is at the forecourt?
This also has relevence to me as I am after a splittie and cant bring myself to make it derv!!! That will have to be an engine rebuild at then lpg.
I take it you can lpg anything? :?:
Once again ta for any replies D

steve8090
R.I.P.
80-90 Mem No: 2

Post by steve8090 »

For those who doubt its a green fuel, the government don't push it but all of the London municipal vehicles are converted, the Queen's vehicles are converted and all the official Government vehicles run LPG.
They just don't want you to know and go out and all get converted so that they can keep the price down, yes more conspiracy theory.

EMMISSIONS for LPG

These are official Government figures not mine.

NOX levels are 2000% better than Diesel and 180% better than Petrol, CO levles are 20% better than Petrol and 2% better than Diesel.

So one Diesel emits the same NOX as 20 LPG vehicles, fair enough????

Now where bio diesel falls into this I haven't a clue but if someone can give official figures and not just guess work then please do.
Steve Shaw
Club80-90 Founder Member
Full Service, LPG conversions, Security and Camper Accessories.
see http://www.gasure.co.uk for full details.
01244 659740

TOMMY THE CAT

Post by TOMMY THE CAT »

Thanks Steve for that, not trying to side on either side as I have no bias towards either just thought on a purely environmental baisis which is greener regarding emissions. Lots of people talk about the mpg benefits of lpg but not perhaps the envirmental benefits which would be a fantastic ' added bonus. Great info as usual Steve.... anyone else? :wink:Dave

Louey
80-90 Mem No: 1108

Post by Louey »

looks like Bio has its ads and disads
Louey

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄█▓▒░ 'The only Tranny in the village' ▒▓█▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀

TOMMY THE CAT

ok

Post by TOMMY THE CAT »

Thats answered that then......so for now bio is better than derv (if I can get it :lol:) but in future I should be looking at lpg.... better start saving!!!
Cheers Dave

shepster
80-90 Mem No: 1342

Re: ok

Post by shepster »

TOMMY THE CAT wrote:Thats answered that then......so for now bio is better than derv (if I can get it :lol:) but in future I should be looking at lpg.... better start saving!!!
Cheers Dave

Better sell your van and buy a petrol one as well..........
2.1 DJ running on carb and LPG.