Window rubber replacement

Thin bits of metal and bright blue light.

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

perro
80-90 Mem No: 3598

Window rubber replacement

Post by perro »

Hi anybody know where in north wales I can get this done on my 1982 camper . All the window rubbers are shot . The body will need some minor repairs around the frames. I can do most of the stuff myself but never tried the window rubbers . any help would be welcome

The_blue
80-90 Mem No: 3484

Post by The_blue »

Side windows are ok to do yourself but i got a local company to fit the front.

perro
80-90 Mem No: 3598

re reply

Post by perro »

sorry to be a bore but do u fit from the inside out or outside in . I guess you pop the rubber on the window then into the frame by pulling the string out of the rubber. Are the rubbers the same for the converted vans like mine or do I need a different rubber. God I wish it was an electrical problem i understand that stuff. Watched a guy do it on the tv without much success looked like the window took a good deal of bashing and pushing to get in. Any suggestions would be a great help or maybe I should just bite the bullet and give it a go

"WEAZLECHIN"
80-90 Mem No: 0

Post by "WEAZLECHIN" »

yes the rubbers are different to standard ones. schofield sells both types. put the window in the rubber run some thick washing line string(smeared heavily in vaseline or waxoyl) into the groove in the rubber, push the rubber into the window hole (you may need help) push from the outside, pull the string(from inside) over the lip with the rubber following. it sounds harder than it is :)