Cutting out problem.

An alchemy of sparks, copper wire and earth

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

Raido
80-90 Mem No: 0

Cutting out problem.

Post by Raido »

Hi, just taken my 1987, 1900 petrol for a run and although it starts first time and tick over is fine. Problem is it cuts out once on the road. It will re-start okay but once underway it cuts out again. The only way I can drive it back is to over rev it. Before I fitted a new distributor cap, leads, rotor arm, air filter etc it was fine, any ideas great fully received.
Many thanks.

davidoft1
Trader
80-90 Mem No: 16628

Re: Cutting out problem.

Post by davidoft1 »

double check your plug leads are correct, then put all the old stuff back on, you may well have a faulty new part

Mocki
Membership Admin
80-90 Mem No: 428

Post by Mocki »

Check the vac pipes , check you haven’t dislodged one of them , possibly the one from the carb to the dissy
Steve
tel / txt O7947-137911
👀

1989 2.1LpgWBX HiTop Leisuredrive Camper
1988 2.1 Caravelle TS TinTop Camper 

Raido
80-90 Mem No: 0

Post by Raido »

Many thanks guys for your help. Unfortunately I junked all the old leads and cap, I did also check the vac tubes. As soon as this band of rain passes I’ll check that the leads are in correct position which I’m confident they are especially as it starts on the button and ticks over great and runs fine for about 500 yards.

Anything else you can think of please let me know!

I’ve spent several months restoring the whole camper interior and was really buzzing to take it for a run so you can imagine how my wife and I felt when it cut out especially on a really dangerous bit of road near us. Still at least it wasn’t raining for a change.

Be lucky!
Paul.