1986 Holdsworth ceiling and internal wall carpet dilemma

The Tardis factor (interiors, awnings, roofs etc)

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

LittleNik
80-90 Mem No: 0

1986 Holdsworth ceiling and internal wall carpet dilemma

Post by LittleNik »

Just bought a 1986 Holdsworth Villa, love it. In great original condition other than the bits of carpeting on the ceiling and walls - around windows and slide door panel etc. It's crumbled under one window and looks grim. Everywhere else it's really filthy and black. Tried cleaning it but it's just bobbling. Really needs replacing which is totally beyond my skillset. Contacted one place online but they didn't want to know as they only do transit conversion carpeting from scratch. Someone else I contacted has suggested they'd need to rip everything out of the van to do it properly, meaning seats, cupboards, fridge etc. Really don't want to do that if at all possible. The floor carpet is fine. And suggestions? Anyone in the NW who offers this service? Am I being ridiculous wanting to do this without ripping out all the internal fixtures? Thanks, any advice would be great.
........................................................................................
1986 VW T25 Holdsworth Villa 3

keynsham1

Re: 1986 Holdsworth ceiling and internal wall carpet dilemma

Post by keynsham1 »

Do you have any photos showing what it is like? I recovered the entire inside of my van walls and ceiling, with the four way stretch carpet and used spray adhesive. It is really easy to do and the result is brilliant!!Image

LittleNik

Post by LittleNik »

Lovely job! So impressed! Is this a T25? Just working out how to add photos as I have a few. Tbh, feeling rubbish about it as I hired a Rug Doctor and spot cleaner and have spent hours trying to get the black muck out but it's never going to look clean and there are bits that have totally crumbled so we'll really have to bite the bullet. Did you have to remove all your cupboards etc to redo yours? Ours is a pop top too so don't know if that complicates things? Thanks for your reply, can't wait until our interior looks as lovely!
........................................................................................
1986 VW T25 Holdsworth Villa 3

keynsham1

Post by keynsham1 »

To upload images, just click on the black square with an "i" in it. 

It is a T25 Devon Eurovette High top. I was restoring my van when I did it and so had the luxury of a stripped interior, but the four way stretch carpet is amazing stuff and a ggod job could be achieved without taking it all apart I'm sure!

R0B
80-90 Mem No: 864

Post by R0B »

2.1 LPG/Petrol Auto Caravelle

"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits"