1986 T25 Rear Seats - Seatbelts?

Thin bits of metal and bright blue light. Including glass & trim.

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

LittleNik
80-90 Mem No: 0

1986 T25 Rear Seats - Seatbelts?

Post by LittleNik »

Hi, I'm the proud new owner of a beautiful 1986 Holdsworth Villa 3 T25 but new to the VW campervan scene. I have a question about the rear seats in the van. They don't have seatbelts fitted but we'd like to take passengers. Is this legally possible in the UK? Legalities aside, for safety I'd obviously prefer to have seatbelts fitted but don't think this will be possible given the construction of these seats. They're the originals. I've found a photo online of the exact ones (a 2 seater pink upholstered seat with stripe) but noticed some sort of seatbelt in the picture which we don't have. Can anyone help please? Is it possible to have rear seatbelts fitted in our van on these seats? Also, does anyone with a 1986 T25 travel with their dog and how do they secure them? In our car we have a harness that clips into the seatbelt but don't have a spare seatbelt to do this in our T25. Thanks

slowcoach
80-90 Mem No: 8892

Re: 1986 T25 Rear Seats - Seatbelts?

Post by slowcoach »

I think if the vehicle wasn't fitted with them when it was made, then you've no obligation to fit them. Though obviously it's a good idea. Check that though!

Ps welcome!
===================
1984 TRAKKA Conversion Subaru EJ20 5 Speed