AAZ injector refresh

for questions and answers about alternative power transplants on the T25, GTi, Porsche,Subaru etc, this is the place. You must register to post but anyone can read.

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

chalkywoods
80-90 Mem No: 17281

AAZ injector refresh

Post by chalkywoods »

I've been trying to get my AAZ running and starting a bit smoother and since 3/4 of my injectors had green waxy gunk seeping out I thought I'd pop them out and see what I can find.
Injectors all came out fine. There isn't anything obvious wrong with nozzles 1-3 (I know that doesn't mean much) but nozzle 4 looks damaged on one side. There's a lot more carbon buildup on that side too:
The sealing washers on 1-3 came out easily too and I found my first issue, I can see the glow plugs sticking into the swirl chamber on 2 & 3, but not on 1! Can they snap off or erode somehow? Will be changing them either way but I wonder where that bit is now :shock:

The real issue is that 4th cylinder:
That sideways spray has wrecked the sealing washer and I can't get it out, I'm wondering if it's melted or welded itself to the cylinder head? Has anyone had anything like this before?
1980 1.9TD AAZ, Aeroline high top
Sheffield/Herts

davidoft1
Trader
80-90 Mem No: 16628

Re: AAZ injector refresh

Post by davidoft1 »

The heater plugs fail and disintegrate

You need to clean all the carbon etc off the washer , they get well stuck in, I usually put podger bar down the middle and do big circles , they generally come free