High Biting point

Big lumps of metals and spanners. Including servicing and fluids.

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

crazyhorse
80-90 Mem No: 15202

High Biting point

Post by crazyhorse »

Hi guys,

Just a quick question. The vans biting point has always been pretty high and sometimes it feels after I have changed gear and taken my foot off the clutch that its still engaged and revs higher with not much movement.

Yesterday, while in traffic lights on a hill, I was riding the clutch on a hill start (i know i should have put the handbrake on) and when we finally moved accelarator down, the revs were pretty high while not moving any distance.

It did finally sort itself to as normal as it has been but I feel its only a matter of time before I wont be able to move anwhere.
Some added info, it does crunch a lot going into reverse, and sometimes a tiny judder when I put into gear from neutral.

Any suggestions of what it may be? New clutch? Can I do it myself? or is it easier to get pros with right gear to do it.. Not the best weather to go keeping under the van in a public car park...

Thanks guys..
87 Transporter 1.9 WBX DG and LPG. In Maroon

http://www.guestwho.biz

dsa
80-90 Mem No: 3186

Re: High Biting point

Post by dsa »

Sounds like the clutch is slipping time for a new clutch I wouldnt be riding the clutch just now or you will burn it out completely .