Window dimensions

Thin bits of metal and bright blue light. Including glass & trim.

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

Auto
80-90 Mem No: 0

Window dimensions

Post by Auto »

Hi folks I'm looking in to getting a set of those stretch curtains that go in the window frames of factory fitted windows 
from heratage but on their website it says they don't fit 85 on double door Van's whish is what i have !
I have asked if they can ask the manufacturers to put a set together for my double door van but they have replied
that the sliding door window aperture is the same as the fixed opposite window so they can't see a reason why they shouldn't fit .
my question is are those two windows the same shape and size or can some one just measure me up your windows 
and let me know before I order a set .
:ok
Cheers phil

davidoft1
Trader
80-90 Mem No: 16628

Re: Wincow dimensions

Post by davidoft1 »

I expect It’s the way the curtains attach on the door versus the window frame

Auto

Re: Wincow dimensions

Post by Auto »

Hi thanks davidoft1
I'm not sure, I've measured my side middle windows and compared them to the rear side windows 
and they measure more or less the same top to bottom could it be one of the middle windows
is longer than the other ? the attachment rails fit against the window rubbers 
has anyone fitted these curtains that can let me know if the rails are different for the sliding door ?
cheers phil  :ok

Rosie n' Jim

Re: Window dimensions

Post by Rosie n' Jim »

Hi Phil. As I understand it, the pre 85 has the same window size on both sides. The post 85 has a smaller windows in the sliding door. The kit comes with two pairs of rails for the door, one pair for pre 85, one for post 85. You need to find someone with a pre 85 van who has fitted the kit and has the smaller post 85 rails left over.
That'll be me then!
A word of warning though. I bought grey curtains to match my grey interior, and fitted them blackout side out. The black coloured blackout coating bleaches in the Sun, giving an interesting pin-striping effect from outside when closed. 
If you are interested I live near Huntingdon, they're yours if you want them.

Jonathan
1982 Holdsworth poptop. 2L CU Aircooled.
1982 Danbury tintop Caravelle. 2L CU Aircooled.

Aidan
Trader
80-90 Mem No: 742

Post by Aidan »

and if anyone wants the longer ones to do an early twin slider, or to make their own curtain for a long window for that matter, I have the ones that came with my kit left over (mine is a 90)
Seems a poor decision by Heritage to give you both sizes of rails because of ease of only carrying one kit rather than giving the option to specify early late single and double door and them putting in the correct middle ones as required but that's the easy cheaper option for them, rather than have the picking staff use their brains (or possibly make a mistake); it doesn't say much for their staff or the company's opinion of the staff for me they don't trust them to make up the sets as needed and then everyone gets a pair of rails they don't need and have to dispose of.
I had to explain to them (and send them pics) that some 'velles have the rear vents and that it wasn't possible to drill the holes for the rear end of the rails in situ as the vents are in the way
fairly decent product just not fully developed I gave them a 7/10
The tie backs are just wrong

Auto

Post by Auto »

Hi Jonathan  that would be great !!
if you think that's what I need to fit my extra sliding door window 
heritage have told me the fixed window opposite the sliding door is 50mm longer than my sliding door
I could measure up if you like ? would you be willing to post and if so how much do you want ?
much appeared 
:ok
cheers phil

Rosie n' Jim

Post by Rosie n' Jim »

Having held the post 85 rails against my sliding door windows,  50mm short looks about right. Where abouts are you Phil, I do a lot of travelling, may be able to drop them in?
1982 Holdsworth poptop. 2L CU Aircooled.
1982 Danbury tintop Caravelle. 2L CU Aircooled.

Auto

Post by Auto »

Hi Jonathan, 
I'm just off junction 31 on the M1 motorway between Sheffield and Rotherham 
oh i forgot to say I have tinted windows so hopefully the curtains wouldn't fade to much 
cheers phil  :ok