New owner

Thin bits of metal and bright blue light. Including glass & trim.

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

Rowan
80-90 Mem No: 0

New owner

Post by Rowan »

Hi guys I’m now the new owner of a t25 1988 multivan so have a few newbie questions. I’m based in Bury St Edmunds Suffolk so would like to know who in the Suffolk area would people recommend to get my heater working and to replace window rubbers and bodywork around the windows. It’s a lhd the speedo works but it’s in kmh and the mileomoter didn’t work is this an easy swap. Looking forward to hopefully meeting any one else in the near future.

bobr43

Re: New owner

Post by bobr43 »

Hi Rowan ,I am in Haverhill but use a guy in stowmarket but he is always busy so may not take any work on .
He put a subaru in one of mine and is putting some panels on the other one but it has been there a long time , send me a message  and perhaps we will talk .
Regards Bob

Rowan

Post by Rowan »

Hi Bob thanks for the info, maybe I can pop over and talk 25’s 😁

mioba
80-90 Mem No: 7850

Post by mioba »

It doesnt answer your question but many of not all things on a T25 are possible to DIY.
T25 take alot of tinkering and armed with simple tools you can DIY to save costs.
If you have space and time you will be better for it.
T25 are easy to buy but the maintenace will kill you of going over a garage each time.

The great thing is they haven't evolved and prett much everting is here and on BW.

Get the rubbers from BW, genuine if poss and the window repair panels. Its a cut out and weld job and respray. A garage will charge silly money.

I done my front and rear windows last year on the drive (got a mobile welder in). Removed everything myself (entire dash - good time to tidy wiring). Just welding cost me 300. Taking the windows out and refitting was very easy. Just make sure to use washing line.

Point really is using a garage for t25 will cost you alot and you will soon fall out with the bus.
Westfalia Hightop Top Joker 1.6TD - aka Daisy, my labour of love

bobr43

Post by bobr43 »

No problem am usually about give me a ring 01440 710784.
Regards Bob