WATER TANK LEAK T25 DEVON EUROVETTE!

The Tardis factor (interiors, awnings, roofs etc)

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

keirclarke
80-90 Mem No: 0

WATER TANK LEAK T25 DEVON EUROVETTE!

Post by keirclarke »

Hi everyone hoping for some help. My new to me 86 Devon Eurovette (1.9 petrol) seems to have a water leak at the top of the tank. Only when very full does water come out of it and drip on to the floor. As a result I can't get any water pressure and when I put my finger over the tap inside the van and release I can hear the hole in the tank underneath also "breathing" resulting in what I assume is no pressure. Very frustrating.

Has anyone experienced this before? Hope.its not an overflow hole at the top of the tank and my water pump just needs primed but I don't think.so.

My question is how easy is it to drop my water tank ? Do I need to get the van.lifted? Access to remove the straps holding it in near the doorside if the van seems easy, but I struggle to think how to do the rest.

Any advice welcome!

Mocki
Membership Admin
80-90 Mem No: 428

Re: WATER TANK LEAK T25 DEVON EUROVETTE!

Post by Mocki »

Good evening ….
First thing i will say is normally these conversions have a submersible or inline water pump and the tank will likely have breather holes in the top , to get water out , air must be able to get in .It’ll not be a pressurised system , although i dont know your van , and some 30 plus years since conversion may have seen different ideas .

As for dropping an underfloor tank , it’s basically a case of emptying the tank ( drain tap ? Or taking the outlet pipe off ) and simply undo the straps , which will likely be hooked into the chassis rails either side of the tank

Also
Steve
tel / txt O7947-137911
👀

1989 2.1LpgWBX HiTop Leisuredrive Camper
1988 2.1 Caravelle TS TinTop Camper 

keirclarke
80-90 Mem No: 0

Post by keirclarke »

Thanks very much for your reply. Ok so perhaps it is a breather hole at the top then.

For some reason I still can't get water out the taps? The pump runs but nothing comes. I tried the old finger over the tap to build pressure and "burp" the system but still nothing comes out, just a big breath out of the tap, and the hole in the top of the tank.

Any advice to this novice!?

Mocki
Membership Admin
80-90 Mem No: 428

Post by Mocki »

Give it a suck ? Or fill a glass with water and hold the tap into it as you turn it i off and see if it siphons down
Steve
tel / txt O7947-137911
👀

1989 2.1LpgWBX HiTop Leisuredrive Camper
1988 2.1 Caravelle TS TinTop Camper