2.1 DJ won't fire up after head rebuilds

Big lumps of metals and spanners. Including servicing and fluids.

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

maxstu
80-90 Mem No: 3946

Re: 2.1 DJ won't fire up after head rebuilds

Post by maxstu »

Continous spray is correct.
Try a squirt of Easystart to see if it fires. A quick spray via the rubber trunk after throttle body.
Three things spring to mind:
Hall sender faulty.
ECU faulty. Does it prime fuel on turning key for half a second? If no, follow Bentley ECU test procedure
ISU Idle Stabiliser Unit. Disconnect both leads and plug together. Try starting.
MaxStu
1989 DJ 2.1 Auto Leisuredrive rusty bucket.
1987 DG1.9 LPG Auto Autosleeper
"Blissfully happy in your presence".

DJBuddy
80-90 Mem No: 0

Post by DJBuddy »

I think continuous spray is wrong. I recorded a video in slow mo and could see it pulsing. It runs batched injection.
If it sprays continuously then I would say that's a sign of the Digijet ECU being fried. The same used to happen on Digifant golf GTIs and it fills up the cylinders until they lock solid.
Are you sure it's not pulsing? I recorded a video using my phone. In real time it looks continuous but it's definitely not.

maxstu
80-90 Mem No: 3946

Post by maxstu »

DJBuddy wrote: 11 Feb 2024, 20:05 I think continuous spray is wrong. I recorded a video in slow mo and could see it pulsing. It runs batched injection.
If it sprays continuously then I would say that's a sign of the Digijet ECU being fried. The same used to happen on Digifant golf GTIs and it fills up the cylinders until they lock solid.
Are you sure it's not pulsing? I recorded a video using my phone. In real time it looks continuous but it's definitely not.

I thought we were problem solving in real time and not in slow motion? :lol:

The manual reads a cone-shaped spray. That is all you need to know.

Test fuel pressure at the regulator. 30 seconds should give minimum 500cc of petrol.
MaxStu
1989 DJ 2.1 Auto Leisuredrive rusty bucket.
1987 DG1.9 LPG Auto Autosleeper
"Blissfully happy in your presence".