1990 T25 TD5 gearbox

Big lumps of metals and spanners. Including servicing and fluids.

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

silverbullet
Trader
80-90 Mem No: 6908

Re: 1990 T25 TD5 gearbox

Post by silverbullet »

091311119 should be the part number

silverbullet
Trader
80-90 Mem No: 6908

Post by silverbullet »

PS the price seems to have gone up a lot, used to be about £25!

Aidan
Trader
80-90 Mem No: 742

Post by Aidan »

everything is available, if you go to the right places, even the 5 speed end case in now available new again (if you have to ask you can't afford it, mind)
good used stuff is now in short supply, I have some but not a lot, a lot of what I have left now is only ish....
but only the 4 speed 2nd gear and Syncro V mainshaft are not available new from anywhere that I know of, and some £40k - £60k would be needed to have a run of them made and that is a hard ask, old niche vehicles declining in numbers (and value me thinks) and a long time to sell them and get your money (and a profit) back. Unless I win the lottery it won't happen anytime soon. JK and the other big boys can buy a £40k container of camping gear from China and sell that in a few weeks/months and sell off what is left at the end of the year cheaper and repeat the exercise the next year, that is their business model as they have staff to pay every week of the year.

There was a lovely looking late heavy case used 3H listed on ebay 10 days ago for not silly money, I signposted a customer who was after one at it and he hit b.i.n. He is a member here.
I haven't got any good core 5 speeds apart from those that are already spoken for
I haven't got any good diesel bellhousings
good and diesel are generally not synonymous terms, TDs are harder on the box because of the torque and people not changing gear and spinning higher revs, rather lugging them and just using the right foot

TonyR
80-90 Mem No: 0

Post by TonyR »

silverbullet wrote: 17 Jul 2023, 18:15 091311119 should be the part number

Cheers Silverbullet - forwarded to mech and doubtless on order first thing tomorrow. Beginning to feel quite hopeful again thanks to you wizards.

TonyR
80-90 Mem No: 0

Post by TonyR »

Aidan wrote: 17 Jul 2023, 20:21 everything is available, if you go to the right places, even the 5 speed end case in now available new again (if you have to ask you can't afford it, mind)
good used stuff is now in short supply, I have some but not a lot, a lot of what I have left now is only ish....
but only the 4 speed 2nd gear and Syncro V mainshaft are not available new from anywhere that I know of, and some £40k - £60k would be needed to have a run of them made and that is a hard ask, old niche vehicles declining in numbers (and value me thinks) and a long time to sell them and get your money (and a profit) back. Unless I win the lottery it won't happen anytime soon. JK and the other big boys can buy a £40k container of camping gear from China and sell that in a few weeks/months and sell off what is left at the end of the year cheaper and repeat the exercise the next year, that is their business model as they have staff to pay every week of the year.

There was a lovely looking late heavy case used 3H listed on ebay 10 days ago for not silly money, I signposted a customer who was after one at it and he hit b.i.n. He is a member here.
I haven't got any good core 5 speeds apart from those that are already spoken for
I haven't got any good diesel bellhousings
good and diesel are generally not synonymous terms, TDs are harder on the box because of the torque and people not changing gear and spinning higher revs, rather lugging them and just using the right foot

Thanks Aidan - I thought I could feel this van slipping away but I think I can feel a pulse....^...