Temperature Sensor Woes!

Technical questions & answers only, you must register to post but anyone can read.

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

Forum rules
Technical questions & answers only. Please try to search the Wiki or Tech Archive first.
CottageAndCountry
80-90 Mem No: 0

Temperature Sensor Woes!

Post by CottageAndCountry »

Hello all, first post here! I appreciate this topic has been covered before but owing to some dead links and general newbie confusion, I can't find a final answer. So here I appeal to your collective wisdom and knowledge!

Our old T3 doesn't have a working temperature gauge. I've tested the wiring and the gauge and, lucky me, it seems to be the sensor that's buggered. It's in the usual spot, hard to access and fiddly to release the wires, and it looks very similar to about two different models on JustKampers. It's on the manifold with the "red/black" sensors, black being the resistor for the coolant temperature gauge, facing forward. Can anyone point me in the right direction for a replacement? I've found a likely product, looks identical, but it's described as being a "three pin cooling fan/dual thermo switch", which isn't what I'm after. That and the listing stress "make sure to check size and colour before ordering".

Without removing the sensor and housing, I can't identify it fully. And I'm loath to do that as I suspect it won't go back in, being badly corroded and the retaining pin looks fragile. Has anyone done similar to theirs who can advise me on the parts needed?

I have filled my signature out, but in case it hasn't worked properly, our bus is a 1988 T3 Autosleeper with a 1.9 petrol, RWD.

Thanks in advance,

Mike
1988 T3 Autosleeper, 1.9DG (Tess)

Mocki
Membership Admin
80-90 Mem No: 428

Re: Temperature Sensor Woes!

Post by Mocki »

Steve
tel / txt O7947-137911
👀

1989 2.1LpgWBX HiTop Leisuredrive Camper
1988 2.1 Caravelle TS TinTop Camper 

CottageAndCountry

Post by CottageAndCountry »

Thanks Steve!

That square connector looks like what I'm after. I always forget about Brickwerks, and they're just down the road from me really. Part, O ring, retainer clip and postage come to less than JustKampers... 😂

Cheers! 😁
1988 T3 Autosleeper, 1.9DG (Tess)

ScienceBoy
80-90 Mem No: 11736

Post by ScienceBoy »

It’s a long time since I looked at this last but is there a full range thermometer set up that gives you an analogue second opinion? I recall there are ports available as we added an oil pressure gauge.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
1988 Hightop
1.9 DG Petrol

RileyBrooks

Post by RileyBrooks »

Thank you so much.

R0B
80-90 Mem No: 864

Post by R0B »