Cost and Recommendations for garage to address advisories

For documenting and technical details of T25 restorations and major repairs
This section is for major restorations only.where to buy a panel or where to buy window rubbers belong in the bodywork seats and glass section.
Also please note,we need pictures of the restorations,without them posts are pretty useless.[\b]
Picture heavy and detailed threads , not for general banter or advertising
Traders welcome to post but not to advertise blatently
Threads will be cleaned of chit chat.

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

Karenin8090
80-90 Mem No: 0

Post by Karenin8090 »

I want to buy a 1986 VW but here is the long list of advisories.  Can anyone give me a rough idea of cost to address them all and also recommend someone to do it (Pref Sussex or within an hour or so from Brighton).  Thank you.

• Nearside Front Inner Track rod gator deteriorated.
  • Offside Front Upper Suspension arm ball joint has slight play (5.3.4 (a) (i))
BRAKES/DISCS
  • Front Brake pad(s) wearing thin Both sides. (1.1.13 (a) (ii))
  • Nearside Front Brake disc worn, pitted or scored, but not seriously weakened (1.1.14 (a) (ii))
  • Offside Front Brake disc worn, pitted or scored, but not seriously weakened (1.1.14 (a) (ii))
CORROSION
  • Offside Front Inner Integral body structure is corroded but structural rigidity is not significantly reduced Sill. (6.1.1 (c) (i))
  • Offside Front Outer Integral body structure is corroded but structural rigidity is not significantly reduced Sill. (6.1.1 (c) (i))
  • Offside Rear Inner Integral body structure is corroded but structural rigidity is not significantly reduced Sill. (6.1.1 (c) (i))
  • Nearside Rear Inner Integral body structure is corroded but structural rigidity is not significantly reduced Sill. (6.1.1 (c) (i))
  • Offside Front Integral body structure is corroded but structural rigidity is not significantly reduced Wheel arch. (6.1.1 (c) (i))

EXHAUST
  • Rear Exhaust has a minor leak of exhaust gases (6.1.2 (a))
  • Rear Exhaust mounting defective Bracket broken. (6.1.2 (a))

WHEEL
  • Hub caps fitted, unable to see wheel bolts/nuts.
  • Nearside Rear Wheel bearing has slight play (5.1.3 (a) (i))
  • Nearside Rear Wheel bearing slightly noisy (5.1.3 (b) (i))
TYRE
  • Offside Rear Tyre slightly damaged/cracking or perishing (5.2.3 (d) (ii))

clift_d
80-90 Mem No: 11695

Post by clift_d »

The mechanical issues don’t seem too extensive. More worrying are the possible corrosion issues - these vans should be bought in the basis of body condition first, and visible corrosion can often be an indicator of bigger issues behind. If you’ve got any clear pictures of the van and more specifically the bodywork, which you could post, then that would help you get some better feedback.
1988 LHD T25 1.6TD Westfalia Club Joker Hightop syncro

davidoft1
Trader
80-90 Mem No: 16628

Re: Cost and Recommendations for garage to address advisories

Post by davidoft1 »

Any pictures of the corrosion etc ?