New Tyre Recommendations Please

All things round and their alignment to your direction of travel

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

yosini
80-90 Mem No: 0

Post by yosini »

Hi,

We've a few camping trips coming up and the tryes on ourT25 are looking a bit old, what would people recommend? The last set I bought for our last Devon I seem to remember needing reinforced van type things. Normally buy from Black Circles and then get fitted locally so if anyone has bought any recently and are happy then let me know please. Standard wheels and currently got 185 R14Cs on.

Cheers

Joe

DoubleOSeven
80-90 Mem No: 14520

Post by DoubleOSeven »

Suggestion. Check the code on the white label by the drivers knee. That’ll tell you what it left the factory with.

Personally I’d go with a Michelin or Continental, the market leaders and best. Pirelli’s are ok too for a mid range tyre. I’ve had some success with the cheaper Toyo Proxes too, but they take a while to warm up.

http://vwt3.com/t3-tech/t3-data/vw-t3-m ... ions-list/

Mine came with code 954, for example.

Tyre types get updated regularly, so you won’t find a Michelin XTX now, but they’ll be the latest equivalent.

I had some Michelin Energy tyres on my last van, they were excellent in all weather conditions; but they only come in 15” & 16” unfortunately. They were car tyres too if I remember correctly. Bit naughty, not being a Commercial ‘C’ tyre but I wasn’t carrying much weight in that van.
1990 Volkswagen Transporter 2.1 Manual
2005 Porsche 911 3.6 Manual
2012 Volkswagen Polo 1.4 Automatic

tobydog
80-90 Mem No: 6484

Re: New Tyre Recommendations Please

Post by tobydog »

DoubleOSeven wrote: 02 Jun 2022, 17:26 Bit naughty, not being a Commercial ‘C’ tyre but I wasn’t carrying much weight in that van.

Until you're involved in a serious accident :wink:
Knowledge is power
1970 CU