Tailgate thermo window from T25 Syncro Joker

Thin bits of metal and bright blue light. Including glass & trim.

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

syncro4us
80-90 Mem No: 2677

Tailgate thermo window from T25 Syncro Joker

Post by syncro4us »

When restoring our T25 Joker  Syncro T25  1986 we replaced our cracked thermo rear window with a glass replacement.
The crack is on the inner skin with a hole in it so I have tried to find someone that can mend it or an accurate OEM  type replacement
but the only replacement available (originally from Germany) has the wrong curvature and just wont fit the tailgate despite the best efforts of the Auto window repair people for 45 minutes so had to return it so thats why we went to a heated glass one which the window fitters fitted perfectly in just 10 minutes.
So anyone got any suggestions on mending it or we will sell it for a small price if anyone is interested to use it as a pattern or temporary for restorationrepair etc  let us know
Kevin

Aidan
Trader
80-90 Mem No: 742

Re: Tailgate thermo window from T25 Syncro Joker

Post by Aidan »

So you tried to fit one of Gunzl's and it didn't fit ? Did they reuse the original seal or a replacement and was it genuine or aftermarket ?
SyncroPatrick investigated a repair solution, with multiple companies, I don't know how he got on though

syncro4us
80-90 Mem No: 2677

Re: Tailgate thermo window from T25 Syncro Joker

Post by syncro4us »

Aidan wrote: 06 Feb 2022, 15:21 So you tried to fit one of Gunzl's and it didn't fit ? Did they reuse the original seal or a replacement and was it genuine or aftermarket ?
SyncroPatrick investigated a repair solution, with multiple companies, I don't know how he got on though
Hi Aiden hope all is well
Yes I think it was a Gunzel rogue part.
Got it from BW near Huddersfield   which was surprising as their parts they supply are usually very good quality but guess this tailgate window got through their quality control. In the even I took it back myself (Hermese didnt bother to turn up to collect and wanted £42)so BW gave a full refund after they tried to fit it  to one of their vehicles allegidly. Shame it looked so good but the curvature top to bottom and side to side was way out and the fitters struggled for nearly an hour to fit it but had to give up but the glass one they got we replaced it with  just popped straight in using the same new rubber from BW.
So I have the old original one in the loft and would it make a good pattern if anyone in the UK wanted to start remanufacture