What size gas tank do you have?

The Tardis factor (interiors, awnings, roofs etc)

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

Negativegravity
80-90 Mem No: 10992

What size gas tank do you have?

Post by Negativegravity »

Hi all,

Looking to install a new underslung gas tank. However, the size I originally wanted is out of stock on gasit.go.uk

I was originally going to purchase a 20lt but this won’t be available until the end of April.

I can bump up to the 23lt but this is a larger diameter. The next option is 25lt with the same diameter as the 20lt, however, considerably longer.

Will be running a propex in winter, plus gas hob.

I was hoping to install this sooner rather later as I I’m the process of a full interior refurb and the floor is already up.

Thanks all

kentishvanman
80-90 Mem No: 875

Re: What size gas tank do you have?

Post by kentishvanman »

Hi,
Cannot  access my paperwork at the moment so cannot give a definitive answer.
You need the largest one that will fit, length & dia, but there is a recommended min ground clearance height. Think it is about 10".
If I remember rightly mine is about 15ltrs and that runs the hob, fridge and Propex all year round. Never run out yet. Pretty sure I got mine from Tinley Tech and they will help out with info.
Hope that helps. 
1987/8 Autosleeper, 1.9dg (Automatic) hightop. Petrol/ LPG

Negativegravity
80-90 Mem No: 10992

Re: What size gas tank do you have?

Post by Negativegravity »

Many thanks

I’ve just looked at their website and you’re correct, it is 16 litres. However, it is the older type with the brackets separate to the tank itself. I think I would rather have the newer easyfit system whereby the mounting frame is welded to the tank itself. I’ve had issues with the last gasit tank I had needing removed with the frame too corroded.

Might bite the bullet and go for the 25lt monster