Syncropendance 2021 - Thanks

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

4x4 Bus
80-90 Mem No: 0

Syncropendance 2021 - Thanks

Post by 4x4 Bus »

A massive thank you to the organisers and all people that took part in a faultless weekend.
Very nice to see some people I have not seen in many years and very nice to meet new people
in person.
Anyone have any photos please post as I am rubbish with taking photos.
Russel

Benjdaben
80-90 Mem No: 11255

Re: SyncroPendance 2021

Post by Benjdaben »

Couldn’t agree more a fantastic weekend with lots of great people.
Thanks to all involved
Ben & Cathy

footstuck
80-90 Mem No: 7622

Post by footstuck »

A massive thanks to all those involved with the organisation of the event.
I hadn’t been to a meeting for a good few years, and was so pleased to see old faces, and members I’ve not met before.
A very nice couple of hours were spent playing and watching others in that mud hole.
Thanks to Jake for the winch recovery.
Watching Clive take Paul’s van around the trials course was entertaining :)
Very glad to be out with the club again.

Splurt
80-90 Mem No: 9694

Post by Splurt »

Yes a massive thanks to everyone, especially the organisers and helpers. 
We had an absolute whale of a time, loved every minute of it!  I am amazed at what a syncro can do, especially with an experienced driver.  Thanks for all of the guidance and advice, I have learned a lot over the weekend.
The site is stunning but the people were the highlight for us, what a brilliant group of human beings.  The craic was so good that the philosophical conversation around the campfire lasted well into the early hours both nights (apologies Roger)!  Can't wait to do it again!
I hardly took any pictures, I was too busy having fun!  Eimear took a good few so I will try and get some of them up tomorrow.  

Ryan

89 - 1.8T AGU - SA Syncro - Hightop Camper 

'I love my brick'
Fr Jack Hackett

jebiga41
Trader
80-90 Mem No: 5654

Post by jebiga41 »

Wow I missed this what a weekend thank you to everyone who made this happen and to everyone who came. You truly are van amazing bunch of individuals and as always it was an absolute pleasure and honour to meet you all either for the first time catching up. r especially Clive who took sick loving care of that important historic vehicle, The Last RHD Panelvan, and returned in one piece just about 😀 the last few of us are still in this magical field in Wales:) Thanks again Paul
VW T3/T25 and Syncro Gearbox rebuilds
http://vantopia.ie

jebiga41
Trader
80-90 Mem No: 5654

Post by jebiga41 »

ImageImageImageImage
VW T3/T25 and Syncro Gearbox rebuilds
http://vantopia.ie

garyd
80-90 Mem No: 2934

Post by garyd »

I couldn't agree more with what has been said above. A lovely, relaxed, weekend with the opportunity to catch up or meet new syncronauts. Plus the opportunity to drive the amazing site in beautiful weather.

It was a shame that Josh & I had to leave early but after six hours & 250 miles we successfully complete our round trip to Somerset via Denbigh to collect his 'new' mountain bike.

Perhaps the trial section was a bit ambitious for many of those new to off-roading their vans but I think it entertained many of you in one way or another. I also hope that the German trial was enjoyed by those who tried it and you didn't leave Aidan out there on his own for too long!

See you all next year, perhaps?

ps - Did anyone get any photos of Josh driving the trial section, please?
Garyd

1990 Transporter syncro camper
2 litre AGG 'GTi' engine

lloydy
80-90 Mem No: 5262

Post by lloydy »

looks like it was awesome! hopefully ill have a van on the road for next year!
Time is a drug. Too much of it kills you

Peninsulakid
80-90 Mem No: 8867

Post by Peninsulakid »

Glad to hear that you all had a great time. Gutted that Covid struck me the week before and I had to miss out. Loving seeing all the photos. see you all there next year. Cheers Rich
PeninsulaKid

New vans are great but they just ain't got no soul!

fh9977
80-90 Mem No: 17112

Post by fh9977 »

Amazing weekend! Thanks Clive and Jenny for the hard work organising this, all Syncronauts for the off-road driving advice and patience with Thomas running around in front of the vans. Special thanks to Paul and Aidan for fixing my reverse lights and the mechanics tuition. It was wonderful to finally meet some of you, hopefully we can get together for some more driving soon. ImageImageImageImage

Sent from my SM-G988N using Tapatalk

dokamonkeys
80-90 Mem No: 8696

Post by dokamonkeys »

Image[youtube]shorts/iDZQTw6_4kw?feature=share[/youtube]ImageImageImageImageImage

Again, thank you to everyone for a fab weekend. Haven't laughed so much in ages. Can't wait to get Goran up there next year, but this year had to be content with being the only bay in the village.

Sorry Gary, Josh flashed past us on his perfect trial run so quickly I didn't get any pics!
Likewise, if anyone has any of Mel's German Trial run in Paul's van, they'd be appreciated...
Neil x
Last edited by dokamonkeys on 02 Sep 2021, 08:27, edited 1 time in total.
91 Syncro Caravelle
90 Doka
'78 Westy
'76 Bug

dokamonkeys
80-90 Mem No: 8696

Post by dokamonkeys »

91 Syncro Caravelle
90 Doka
'78 Westy
'76 Bug

crazydiamond
80-90 Mem No: 173

Post by crazydiamond »

Pleased it was the usual fantastic weekend, sorry we couldnt make it this year to see all you people old friends and new. Next Time !
1982 2 litre Aircooled Devon
1988 2.1 Syncro ex ambulance
Member 173 and Syncronaught 10

HarryMann
Admin/Mod
80-90 Mem No: 379

Re: Syncropendance 17 (2021) - Thanks

Post by HarryMann »

Firstly, apologies for a delay in thanking everyone involved, plenty of excuses of course... make up your own :)

Syncropendence (17) 2021 - nearly two months later than usual, more of that later.

Was a lovely long bank holiday weekend thank goodness, so after a 13 month hiatus, we could all relax in good company old and new, and chew more fat than ever before.
 Hopefully think all enjoyed their driving, meeting their friends and new members. (Very few children and whole families attended unlike normally, and that was presumably just the way it was, with no real rhyme no reason other than that children grow up!)
Thanks to all those who came for supporting us, and those who organised marshalled and oversaw the event...

As always the whole 8090 Syncronauts Committee (and Zoom of course)
Sharon Chief on-site driving marshal

Jenny IT, Admin bursar and overall organiser in chief
Aidan Equipment storage logistics 
Aidan for conceiving and printing the Punch Hunt laminates etc 
Paul and Sharon for laying out the punch hunt (Did No. 7 ever turn uo, indeed was it ever printed)
Gary and Josh English Trial

Aidan with Gary & Josh for conceiving and laying out the German trial

John Lucas and Andy Mc for finding dry wood and fire-building (best smokeless fire for many a year)
John Lucas exploring new areas and aerial mapping the Welsh sub continent for next years event

Ryan was awarded the only prize of the weekend.. most impressive German trialler novice.
Er... have I missed anyone
Yes Chairman Dai for all round support, advice and wise counsel
Yes Nick, Neil, Sharon and Roger for studious prior deliberations on our approach to Covidity

Sharon presenting driver Ryan with a 1,000 piece Snap-On socket set (yeh right!), with navigator Emear proudly looking on.

NB. The August Bank Holiday weekend allowed working people and families to not rush off midday Sunday..   We'll put up a separate thread later to get your opinions on repeating this next year
The 80-90 Tech Wikipedia Your 1st port of call :idea

1.9TD Syncro Doka / Syncro Kastenwagen / 16" Kombi Camper
Syncronaut No. 1

4x4 Bus
80-90 Mem No: 0

Re: Syncropendance 2021 - Thanks

Post by 4x4 Bus »

Clive the problem with having SP on that weekend it the rediculouse traffic that people have to endure.