Gutter sealant and high top trim

Thin bits of metal and bright blue light. Including glass & trim.

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

Merrsh1
80-90 Mem No: 0

Re: Gutter sealant and high top trim

Post by Merrsh1 »

I used this and lots of elbow grease. I also used a heat gun when all the old sealant was out and then vctaned as far back as I could for good measure:

https://www.sealantsandtoolsdirect.co.u ... 27005.html You can get it from toolstation.

Stick it in the freezer when you're done or it sets about 2 inches into the tube. One tube will probably do a van but for a fiver a tube treat yourself to 2 :ok
Aircooled 2.0 1981

Magicman

Post by Magicman »

In the process of doing mine again. Absolute pain ripping the old stuff out! Replacing with Silkaflex 521 uv. Not cheap but understand that’s the one to put in. The similar one I put in before has detioriated. Also understand you can paint over this if required.
Cleaning out and rust proofing before I pop the new gear in.
The gutters from factory are actually filled but I understand you need to run a channel down so it flows out rather than bead over the edge.

longchops

Post by longchops »

Good morning everyone,

I'm looking for some advice on my Leisuredrive Hi-Top roof, in particular the lower edge trim next to the gutters. Should the edge be stuck/glued to the van? My edges aren't, there is a distinct gap between the roof edge and the van body.

We have no problem with the gutters or water ingress by the way.

Any help or advice is greatly appreciated