T3 wind deflectors

Thin bits of metal and bright blue light. Including glass & trim.

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

Fozziebear
80-90 Mem No: 0

T3 wind deflectors

Post by Fozziebear »

Hi people,

I am looking for some wind deflectors for my T3 California whats the best ones to get?
I see the Heko ones but have also seen some that go across the top and down the side i don't what these ones are called?

Thanks

NickBab
80-90 Mem No: 13949

Re: T3 wind deflectors

Post by NickBab »

I use the dubflecta ones which are as you describe. Have been very good so far
87 Syncro, 73 Bay, 67 Beetle and other non VW stuff

JonB
80-90 Mem No: 12941

Post by JonB »

+1 for the Dubflectas had a set for a few years and have been great. I think there was / is a review on campervanculture somewhere.
Viking Caravelle JX - Cheshire

Titus A Duxass
80-90 Mem No: 4475

Post by Titus A Duxass »

I have Climair fitted to mine, they do what it says on the tin.
VW T3 GTi Camper 2,0l

Dazco
80-90 Mem No: 10544
Location: Sheffield. 1984 autosleeper trooper. 1.9 petrol called Jambo

Post by Dazco »

Dubflecta on mine , great , but I find they obscure my mirrors a bit .
Auto sleeper fitted with EJ 20 subaru lump

ajsimmo
Trader
80-90 Mem No: 6542

Post by ajsimmo »

Just a note for owners with wind deflectors, who may be bringing their van to The Campershack. They grind my gears. Not the owners, the poxy bang-your-head-fall out on the floor-get in the way-damage-the-window-channel-felt bloody wind deflectors. Any chance you could remove them when you come here? Thank you very much.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk
The Campershack - (website paused)
WBX Rebuilds & Upgrades from the beautiful Isle of Arran

CovKid
Trader
80-90 Mem No: 3529

Post by CovKid »

Seconded. Nice look and a degree of practicality but a pain in the proverbial. Mine are on top of my wardrobe :rofl
Roller paint your camper at home: http://roller.epizy.com/55554/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; for MP4 download.

Ant-t
80-90 Mem No: 14390

Post by Ant-t »

I've fitted the vw heritage ones which are the same as the Heko ones and cvc ones, they just cover the top of the windows. They worked well on my recent two week trip around Wales keeping out the rain whilst on the move. Also no restrictions on the mirrors which I like
1983 DG Kamper 2

weimarbus
80-90 Mem No: 10165

Post by weimarbus »

we have the clim-air ones and they tend to stay put, not banged head on them yet in 15 years but i'm sure I will now that it has been mentioned, they do make the scenery look a little strange but we got them so that the windows can be left open by a couple of inches in the night without worrying about the rain, our previous Devon had a large louvre window on the side which was great, especially when the kids locked the keys in the van :D
1985 hi-top 2.1MV with DG carb and LPG
1955 trials buggy with 1.9 DG high lift cam and twin dell's (now sold)
1972 1303 beetle
1992 Audi 100 2.8 quattro estate
1967 Vw  Madison kit

robber_roo
80-90 Mem No: 7884

Post by robber_roo »

Dubflectors... really good quality

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

CovKid
Trader

Post by CovKid »

They all deform/flatten the window seal to some extent though. I gave mine a full years test but as I've got opening quarterlights they seemed superfluous so I took them off. The only thing I found that really WAS useful for front windows is my stainless steel grills which allow hot air to escape the vehicle when its parked or otherwise camped but keep it secure as the window holds it in place. Must put a pic up tomorrow. I bought them from another 80-90 member some six years ago. He made me a set and they're so useful. I could have sold them several times over....
Roller paint your camper at home: http://roller.epizy.com/55554/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; for MP4 download.

randolph57
80-90 Mem No: 5801

Post by randolph57 »

[quote="robber_roo"]Dubflectors... really good quality

I've not been impressed-offside one never fitted properly and was replaced (eventually) as was an apparent bad batch. They still occasionally come out at the base of the window and in my experience are not that great.
Other people rate them so perhaps the quality on my pair is/was suspect. I shall investigate the climair ones next.

CovKid
Trader

Post by CovKid »

Dusted them off and took a pic before it gets too dark out there. Most useful thing ever on a hot day when camped. Keeps window secure but allows any hot air to escape. Keeps wasps out too. Doesn't seem to let rain in either which is a bonus. 3-4mm Stainless steel. :D

Keep meaning to take an inch off the top as they'd be perfect then. Work well on the road then as they'd be less obstructive. Fantastic if its a hot night as you don't have to worry about leaving a window open. Unlike defelectors no need for clips/glue and its narrower than the glass so fits without deformation of seals. Lower edge is basically a U-channel so it sits on top of glass and when you wind window up its solid.

Smosh
80-90 Mem No: 12801

Post by Smosh »

Those are smart, nicer then the commercial alternatives I have seen.
1984 Voltswagen 25 Pop-Top (No idea what type!?) 1.9 W/C Petrol based in Guernsey, C.I.

CovKid
Trader

Post by CovKid »

I know. Could have sold them many times over but always resisted as I know I'll never get another set anywhere near that quality. You'd have a job even drilling them let alone punching a hole in one. They're what I'd call heavy duty. :D I guess you could make them out of ABS but they wouldn't last as long.