Summer Lights at Syncropendence

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

max.karisma
80-90 Mem No: 3693

Re: Summer Lights at Syncropendence

Post by max.karisma »

Bucketbabe wrote:Of course we'll bring a cake to sell, or maybe biscuits, depends what Shaun feels like baking :rofl
Also something to raffle. Anything to raise money for this good cause.
We've hunted down the back of the sofa and have a pot with a few coppers too

Thank you to you both, that sounds great :D I'm sure we will raise a few quid between us.

Also if anyone would like to help set up on the night or sell tickets and cakes that would be great :ok
Dream as if you will live forever; Live as if you will die today, James Dean

max.karisma

Post by max.karisma »

IrishSam wrote:Would you be interested in a donation of a coffee and tea hamper? I can see about getting one from work.

Will try and make some cakes but cant promise anything :)

Coffee and tea hamper would be great! many a cup is drank on our driving events and would be very much appreciated in the raffle :)

Wedgbury
80-90 Mem No: 15292

Post by Wedgbury »

Hi there,

I will make a Lemon Drizzle Cake for the bake sale & we have a bottle of Martell Cognac for the raffle (has someone sorted raffle tickets /cloakroom tickets? I can get some from the village shop if need be!). We have a bag of coppers set aside and if anyone is game can organise a game of heads or tails for £1 stake (Winner - last person standing - takes half the stake pot, other half goes to charity).

Will sort out suitable contribution for Saturdays food too - possibly rice salad or potato salad plus......whatever....!! We will defo bring alcohol (including a bottle of Gin for those of us who are gin fans .....you know who you are!).

Look forward to seeing everyone,

Kirsty (hacking David's account - you don't want him to make cakes tbh!!) xxx :rofl

PeteandNikki
80-90 Mem No: 13990

Post by PeteandNikki »

We'll be there, making this our 2nd syncronauts' outing. Really looking forward to meeting up with the folks we met during our brief but enjoyable day at mendipidy (if we can remember their names! Sorry !)and also lots of new faces.

Nikki would like to bake her rhubarb cup cakes and bring them along if it's not too late to offer?

We have a shed load of coppers that we are happy to donate.

Is there anything specific that should be brought for the buffet? Or shall we just bring a selection?

Did someone mention gin???!!!

max.karisma

Post by max.karisma »

Wedgbury wrote:Hi there,

I will make a Lemon Drizzle Cake for the bake sale & we have a bottle of Martell Cognac for the raffle (has someone sorted raffle tickets /cloakroom tickets? I can get some from the village shop if need be!). We have a bag of coppers set aside and if anyone is game can organise a game of heads or tails for £1 stake (Winner - last person standing - takes half the stake pot, other half goes to charity).

Will sort out suitable contribution for Saturdays food too - possibly rice salad or potato salad plus......whatever....!! We will defo bring alcohol (including a bottle of Gin for those of us who are gin fans .....you know who you are!).

Look forward to seeing everyone,

Kirsty (hacking David's account - you don't want him to make cakes tbh!!) xxx :rofl

You've saved the day!! Last thing on my (very) long list to get was raffle tickets so yes please, if you could bring them along that would be great :)

Thank you for the suggestion of the game, we could look at that when we get there.
The raffle and cake stall looks to be getting a great response and some great offerings, thank you to everyone :D
And a great communal buffet for Saturday Night :ok

max.karisma

Post by max.karisma »

PeteandNikki wrote:We'll be there, making this our 2nd syncronauts' outing. Really looking forward to meeting up with the folks we met during our brief but enjoyable day at mendipidy (if we can remember their names! Sorry !)and also lots of new faces.

Nikki would like to bake her rhubarb cup cakes and bring them along if it's not too late to offer?

We have a shed load of coppers that we are happy to donate.

Is there anything specific that should be brought for the buffet? Or shall we just bring a selection?

Did someone mention gin???!!!

After a few gins the names get easier, well so I'm told :shock:
No definitely not too late for the rhubarb cup cakes which I will be interested to know the recipe as rhubarb is a favourite of mine :)
A savoury selection would be great for the buffet, thank you and this copper vw sounds like its going to be big!

max.karisma

Post by max.karisma »

We are thinking that in order to lay out the buffet for all to enjoy we will probably need additional tables. We already have a few but if you are able to bring a pasting table or something similar that would be great :) We will have extra tablecloths. Again thank you.

NickBab
80-90 Mem No: 13949

Post by NickBab »

We'll bring along cold food for the buffet and a table.

I can't promise to bake fantastic cakes I'm afraid, but will have plenty of cash and coppers with us.

See you Friday.

Nick and Mandy
87 Syncro, 73 Bay, 67 Beetle and other non VW stuff

max.karisma

Post by max.karisma »

That sounds great and thank you also for the table :)

devonmaid
80-90 Mem No: 0

Post by devonmaid »

The choc brownies have been made, and we don't have to trust Roger with them cos I've decided to come along and protect them on their long trip from Bere Alston :) Looking forward to seeing everyone again

Winchweight
80-90 Mem No: 12697

Post by Winchweight »

devonmaid wrote:The choc brownies have been made, and we don't have to trust Roger with them cos I've decided to come along and protect them on their long trip from Bere Alston :) Looking forward to seeing everyone again

Yay! BB will be pleased :D
http://www.thelittleredbus.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

VW 2.1 WBX DJ Syncro Doka - SOLD
VW 1.9 TDi AHU Syncro Camper

JustSharon
80-90 Mem No: 3428

Post by JustSharon »

Auntie Brenda's tea loaf recipe is baking, paste table packed, coppers packed, selection of posh ciders for raffle packed.

Macmillan Cancer care is a service that myself and Pete have had to use recently and in the past. Without the support of this charity I can honestly say we would be raving mad now. How nice are they? I had a phone call today just to ask how we were and what more could they do.

Any support, will go a long way, thank you to you all xx
It's all the little moments in life that make it a big adventure.

1989 AFN TDI Syncro

max.karisma

Post by max.karisma »

A wanted to say a big thank you to all for your support and involvement with the Summer Lights Event. Also a special thank you to all who helped with the set up and organisation to make it all possible.
The raffle prizes were fantastic, the cakes delicious, the buffet had an exceptional array of foods and the lighting was lovely, all in all creating a great event.
The figure up to now is £260 but this is without the coppers and the collection from Camperjam next weekend. I will of course post up the final figure and hope to send photos of our event to the Macmillian Trust.
Again a very big thank you to everybody for helping to raise money for such a great team of people :ok

Winchweight
80-90 Mem No: 12697

Post by Winchweight »

Well done Max, it's all thanks to your organisational efforts. Hopefully CJ will push it towards £500. 8)
http://www.thelittleredbus.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

VW 2.1 WBX DJ Syncro Doka - SOLD
VW 1.9 TDi AHU Syncro Camper

PC52
80-90 Mem No: 3428

Post by PC52 »

Super fantastic effort.

Well done everybody
1.9 TDI Syncro Multivan
1.9 TDI Doka project in progress