Double glazing

Thin bits of metal and bright blue light. Including glass & trim.

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

Plasticman
Trader
80-90 Mem No: 1948

Re: Double glazing

Post by Plasticman »

Yes,but because you are fitting to the vans outer skin as opposed to the factory recces then they will sit out more from the body
mm

300CE
80-90 Mem No: 12017

Post by 300CE »

Smosh wrote:300CE your van still looks cool with them, did you notice much difference?

To be honest mate, I've never had a van with the glass windows so can't really give any info on what the difference might be between the two. I've have had a foil substrate fitted in the panels behind the cupboard area which is meant to help with warmth/cooling.

Might be worth buying & fitting some of that as well whilst your bus is currently stripped out.
'86 DG, Weber Carb

ninja.turtle007
80-90 Mem No: 7278

Post by ninja.turtle007 »

Double glazed windows don't get condensation.
Full time Explorer http://www.resfeber.co.uk

nordberg
80-90 Mem No: 14064

Post by nordberg »

ninja.turtle007 wrote:Double glazed windows don't get condensation.
^^^This is the main bonus in my eyes. I wouldn't expect a big difference in the internal temprature of the van so if that's your reasoning behind getting them then its a bit of a red herring. No condensation is the main advantage, especially if your planning on camping in the cooler months. There are ways of trying to mimic double glazing by getting the thermal stick on screens....but what a faf when you can have double glazing? :shock:
Red Atlantic pop top (1.9AAZ engine)http://www.daswolfgang.com

WillScott
80-90 Mem No: 16780

Post by WillScott »

300CE wrote: 18 May 2015, 21:28 Just to confirm Smosh, I have aftermarket westy style windows on my converted panel van which doesn't have the recess:

Hi, I am trying to add Westy double glazed windows to the rear side of my converted panel van. Having bought them and removed the old single glazed glass window I can see I need to now open up the outer skin to allow them to fit but the inner skin has a gap which was cover by a plastic moulding. How have you finished the inside around your window. Cheers Will
Will Scott
1989 Autosleeper Trooper
1.9 DG WBX 4 speed manual

300CE
80-90 Mem No: 12017

Post by 300CE »

Howdo Will,

My windows were already fitted when I bought the bus mate & so I’ve no idea what lengths they went to in making them fit.

Hopefully someone who may have completed the job will be along to advise. :ok
'86 DG, Weber Carb

WillScott
80-90 Mem No: 16780

Post by WillScott »

Hi thanks for replying, understand and like you say hopefully someone has installed from scratch. Would you be able to photograph your interior of the windows particularly what sourounds them to give ma an idea.
Cheers Will
Will Scott
1989 Autosleeper Trooper
1.9 DG WBX 4 speed manual