Heater cable gone caput !

An alchemy of sparks, copper wire and earth

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

sternal
80-90 Mem No: 13349

Heater cable gone caput !

Post by sternal »

The Heater cable which is connected to lever A which is for demisting the windscreen went for a burton today when I was fitting a new stereo one push too hard on the stereo and out it came of the lever, wasn't ever going to go back into its tiny hole maybe it had been played with prior to ownership.

With hand under the dash I have permanently got it blowing unto the screen which is where its been for the last two years and if for some strange reason I don't want it directed to the screen I can use the bottom lever to go to the footwell !

Would you bother replacing cable ? if so why ?

I guess as I have a left hand drive this is the bad boy I need seems like it doesn't really add much if I do change it and I may as well save money and time I imagine it won't be a quick fix and it works so Im gonna live with it unless you can tell me otherwise...ie will it effect the world/me in anyway ?

http://www.status-vw.co.uk/type-25-van- ... -1992.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

:ok
1.7 KY diesel ex Deutsche Post van

MGP
80-90 Mem No: 13910

Re: Heater cable gone caput !

Post by MGP »

I say buy it whilst its available and put it in stock when the time comes that the dash needs to come out you will have it waiting to go in.
'89 1.9td AAZ engine
http://www.dubsonthefritz.co.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

ghost123uk
80-90 Mem No: 2585
Location: John in Malpas, in the very S. W. part of Cheshire.

Post by ghost123uk »

^^^ that makes sense at that price :ok

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Aside:-
The cable that operates the valve on mine is knackered. I cannot turn the heater off properly. OK in the cooler months, but less than ideal on a hot summer day. I could climb underneath and manually close the valve, but then what if we have a cool spell. I could change the cable, but that is dash out and a days work :twisted: (I know because I did the heater blower last year :twisted: ). Grrrrr.
Got a new van, but it's a 165bhp T4 [shock horror] Accurate LPG Station map here

sternal
80-90 Mem No: 13349

Post by sternal »

thanks for replies... :ok
1.7 KY diesel ex Deutsche Post van