Isn't the wiki brilliant!

Big lumps of metals and spanners. Including servicing and fluids.

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

hughzt
80-90 Mem No: 13155

Isn't the wiki brilliant!

Post by hughzt »

I just wanted to say a big thanks to all who have contributed to the wiki section. I'm quite experienced with maintaining British classics but I'm still a bit of a newbie with the van, so the info on this site is invaluable.
A few weeks ago I filled the van up in preparation for a few days in the lakes only to be horrified to see fuel dripping out from underneath! I quickly drove home and was relieved to see it had stopped leaking, so I immediately searched this site get some ideas. It was reassured enough to believe that it was just the ageing breather pipes and nothing more serious, which meant we could still go away and not worry.
Today I got around to replacing the pipes, yet again using the wiki to get the correct fuel pipe size and to understand how to lower the tank safely without an inspection pit.

The next job is replacing the gear selector bits (I've already assembled part of the mechanism thanks to Covkid's photos). I took some photos earlier but it's difficult to see how bad it is with so much grease and kack everywhere. I've also bought a quick shift adapter from Brickwerks, so I'll let you know how I get on with that.

Sharing this information is a great great way to keep in touch with like-minded enthusiasts as well as being vital for keeping our vans on the road - thanks again! :ok
Attachments
Gear selector.jpg
Gear selector.jpg (66.63 KiB) Viewed 1252 times
1986 2.1 petrol Caravelle GL camper conversion
1975 Triumph TR6

scottbott
80-90 Mem No: 6085

Re: Isn't the wiki brilliant!

Post by scottbott »

it does come in handy,always flicking through it :ok
Nil carborundum illegitimi