electronic speedo.

An alchemy of sparks, copper wire and earth

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

boxer
80-90 Mem No: 11154

electronic speedo.

Post by boxer »

If I fit a set of clocks from a later VW (at the moment i'm staring a a huge clock that doesn't work and a speedo that bounces all over the place at around the critical speeds such as 30 and is way out at 60 and 70.)

So if i buy a set of clocks from a later VW I can wire the rev counter to the alternator W connection and fit a halfords bike speed sensor to the front wheel or a drive shaft. If I then take the signal from this and push it through a 'speedometer correction box' to the speedo I should be able to adjust for accuracy?

This could be as cheap as 20 quid plus my choice of clocks? What about the gauges for fuel etc. are they same or similar in actuation or do i need something for these?

Would the same principle work for the rev counter if I don't have a W connector? Ie. could you stick a magnet/sensor on the pulley and calibrate it to give accurate reading on the rev counter?
1.6 Td 1990 van conversion Westfalia pop up roof

Superal
80-90 Mem No: 12142

Re: electronic speedo.

Post by Superal »

think this has been covered in the past as syncroandy does a kit as this thread shows below:-

http://forum.club8090.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=118229" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

hope that helps :ok
2.1 DJ petrol Homebrew hightop

boxer
80-90 Mem No: 11154

Post by boxer »

Aha!

i saw this on another thread and did wonder if it ever became a commercial item. It is and it will save me a lot of work.

Thanks
1.6 Td 1990 van conversion Westfalia pop up roof

syncroandy
Trader
80-90 Mem No: 851

Post by syncroandy »

boxer wrote:Aha!
i saw this on another thread and did wonder if it ever became a commercial item.

It did.. more info and pics at syncrosport.com
Syncrosport
Volkswagen Transporter, reloaded.

252 GC5 EJ25 AAN L90D
246 097 AFN AVL+ L90D
Syncronaut #004