Hello from Cybox Exhausts

Big lumps of metals and spanners. Including servicing and fluids.

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

ghost123uk
80-90 Mem No: 2585
Location: John in Malpas, in the very S. W. part of Cheshire.

Re: Hello from Cybox Exhausts

Post by ghost123uk »

Hello Cybox Exhausts :)

kevtherev wrote: I would like to see an early system, in thicker steel than the tin foil you often get from other manufacturers (Empi for instance)

+1 on that.

SS J tubes for the early system would be a good seller. iirc no-one does that.

I do have an ulterior motive of course. I have a nice Bluebird Twin Tip SS box on mine but only mild steel J tubes ;)
Got a new van, but it's a 165bhp T4 [shock horror] Accurate LPG Station map here

Cybox
80-90 Mem No: 13950

Post by Cybox »

silverbullet wrote:Early syncro wbx would be nice (with replacement elbows, long since NLA) Baxter might be able to advise/be interested but demand would be limited...I have a VW Speedshop one but had to modify it to get it tucked up out of the way.

We would be delighted to do this as a 'custom build' at the factory, but the low volumes would not make it viable to develop as a new product.

Cybox

Post by Cybox »

kevtherev wrote:
Cybox wrote:
kevtherev wrote:The image of the T25 late exhaust box, is somewhat odd.
The tailpipe is a lot longer than the VW type
Can you explain why?
Also the 1.9 system and 2.1 are identical, yet you list them separately is that just to fill the page a bit?

Finaly I would like to see an early system, in thicker steel than the tin foil you often get from other manufacturers (Empi for instance)

Welcome to the forum :ok

Hi kevtherev
Thanks for your reply.
The silencer we use is shorter than the OE, hence the tail needs to be longer to compensate. The silencer on our system is exactly the same on the 1.9 and the 2.1, the slight difference lies in the connecting pipe.
Interesting..
I'm sure you would like to sell parts of exhausts as well as complete systems.
The correct sized silencer box (2.1/1.9) is an astounding £66.40p from Eurocarparts. Not stainless I grant you.
Perhaps you could better that?
My only concern is the noise from a (significantly?) smaller box.

The noise level is very similar to standard. With regards to price, we only offer stainless steel so will never be able to pitch in at bean-can prices.

Cybox

Post by Cybox »

pionte wrote:I think they look good, nice to have another option available . Will you be offering a complete system ? Personally I would like a slightly louder more meaty sound than the usual , Im not thinking " cherry bomb " from the 80's but the unique sound from the boxer engine is so good I would like to hear it more whilst sat up the front !

I will certainly have a good look when I am in the market for a new exhaust .

Thanks Pionte. Just get in touch as and when you are ready.

Cybox

Post by Cybox »

toomanytoys wrote:I have a design for a system I want to produce, maybe we should have a chat??

Please feel free to call and we can discuss.

Cybox

Post by Cybox »

Citizen Smith wrote:Hello Jerry
I have a 2.1 Waterboxer camper and have always been bothered by the complete absence of engine/exhaust noise resulting from the rear engine layout and according to her indoors. my age induced deafness . This together with the wild difference between my Van and everyday Focus gear layout has on occasion resulted in embarrassing misappropriate engine RPM versus road speed relationship when climbing tricky hills etc. This has been partially fixed by installation of a rev counter. However on a recent trip round the coast of Devon and Cornwall I developed a leaky exhaust gasket which resulted in the often typical VW flat four chuffing noise. At first I found this mildly irritating but after some time - and tricky hill climbing maneuvers - I began to like it as it greatly facilitated my engine load sensing and gear change timing. Si I am determined that when time comes for a replacement exhaust I will be looking for something just a little bit but not excessively sporty. Any plans or advice?
Cheers
Ken

Hi Ken
The good news is that we can alter the internals of the silencer to suit individual requirements. That said, the standard stainless version that we currently produce isn't that much louder than OE, but it does give a more pleasing tone, thanks in part to the stainless steel. Reading your message, I think this would fit the bill nicely, whilst keeping on-side with your good lady!

Cybox

Post by Cybox »

Winchweight wrote:AHU / AFN conversion exhausts would be nice for those who have fitted 1.9tdi conversions into our machines. Often fitted to Syncros, they need to be high and tight to avoid getting ripped off. 8)

If there's anybody able to bring a vehicle in for us to take a look at, we'd be delighted to assess the job and offer some prices.

Cybox

Post by Cybox »

ermie571 wrote:Second the AGG request!

Been told I can use my current back box as the diesel one is tooooo noisy and my fitter will fabricate the down pipe from the rest of the stainless kit....

Em
xx

We can accommodate AGG conversions, but would need the van at the factory to carry out the work. If the distance is prohibitive, maybe there's someone more local to us who could call in?

Cybox

Post by Cybox »

Thanks to everybody for the replies over the past week or so. It looks like there's more than a few exhaust variants that could be of interest, from our own point of view we will build pretty much anything if the vehicle is with us at the factory. We will also develop and build pattern jigs to any exhaust where we think (or have been convinced) that there is a volume market out there. We just need donor vehicles to get started.

To get things rolling at this stage, we would like to make 10 of the current systems for the 1.9 and 2.1 waterboxer available at a discounted price. This will be a 'one off, first come first served' offer available to club8090 members only.

The exhausts can be seen on our website here:
http://www.cybox.co.uk/category/transporter-t25/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The usual price is £249.00 plus £12.00 carriage. The promo price for the first 10 will be just £199.00 including carriage

Our usual lifetime warranty applies. Delivery time is 2-3 working days, orders can be placed over the 'phone on 0151 343 0330

Best regards

Jerry

JimmyT25
80-90 Mem No: 14160

Post by JimmyT25 »

Hi

Is there any chance of a Subaru engine (ej20 etc) exhaust? There seems to be a lot of people carrying out n/a Subaru conversions on t25s but there isn't any off the shelf exhausts that I know of! :/

MattBW
80-90 Mem No: 11790

Post by MattBW »

Look nice I could certainly do with a new exhaust, I was on a 1.6 diesel but I am in the process of installing an AAZ 1.9TD, that may be difficult to accomodate as I am not sure how standard the installations are.
1985 1.9TD AAZ -Starlight Interior
2015 California Beach

freckvan1
80-90 Mem No: 8492

Post by freckvan1 »

Well come on then has anyone had a Cybox exhaust fitted , or purchased
and are you happy with the exhaust ?

Seriously thinking of having one fitted next couple of weeks ,as for the price
Stainless appears to be a good deal .

Just spoke to Cybox and yes they will make J Tubes , providing they have a
set of good ones to use as a pattern .

Atb,
Chris
1984 1,9DG. W/C

kevtherev
80-90 Mem No: 2264

Post by kevtherev »

If they need a pattern does that mean they have never made one?
Seems odd that if you make something, and intend to make more...you'd have kept or made a jig.
AGG 2.0L 8V. (Golf GTi MkIII)