Awning

The Tardis factor (interiors, awnings, roofs etc)

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

PaulaL
80-90 Mem No: 0

Awning

Post by PaulaL »

Hi I'm looking to get an awning for my high top T25, I would love the inflatable ones but they are soo expensive, so just want one that fits my van and is easy to put up and not too expensive. Also my van has a guttering, which is the best way to fit an awning......thanks

ianders
80-90 Mem No: 13417

Re: Awning

Post by ianders »

I've had my van for a month now. Used it twice and tried both methods for attaching awning to the van, without doubt the best method is pole and clamps.
1.9 DG 1987 High Top

PaulaL
80-90 Mem No: 0

Post by PaulaL »

Thanks for that, I will def look into that:)))

sciroccotune
80-90 Mem No: 7521

Post by sciroccotune »

ianders wrote:I've had my van for a month now. Used it twice and tried both methods for attaching awning to the van, without doubt the best method is pole and clamps.

Care to expand on the method? I'm thinking if getting a figure 8 to clip to the gutter

CovKid
Trader
80-90 Mem No: 3529

Post by CovKid »

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VW-Campervan- ... 43baba5d97" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

This kind of thing. Three poles, but with centre one taller to help shrug off rain (recommended). A fourth pole could be slid in wide seam at gutter and clamped each end. Mine has an open stitched section in the middle so you can get a clamp on there two. Packs down small. Pick up four poles, three clamps (camping shop) and waterproof fabric and you could make your own. You could also make two fabric squares so you can put up a small one or large one depending on the event.

I didn't make mine but another 80-90 member did. Thanks.
Roller paint your camper at home: http://roller.epizy.com/55554/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; for MP4 download.

ianders
80-90 Mem No: 13417

Post by ianders »

sciroccotune wrote:
ianders wrote:I've had my van for a month now. Used it twice and tried both methods for attaching awning to the van, without doubt the best method is pole and clamps.

Care to expand on the method? I'm thinking if getting a figure 8 to clip to the gutter

First outing, I had the figure 8 clips. They just popped off with a light gust of wind and wouldn't stay put.

My awning came with a pole for running through the van end of fabric so I got some clamps from jk that hold it tight. Didn't budge a bit on second trip.

1.9 DG 1987 High Top

nobbyfox
80-90 Mem No: 9991

Post by nobbyfox »

I agree with the pole and clips method. Our Royal Traveler Awning has taken a few batterings with high winds and never moved with the clips. And they are very cheap from JK.

Regards
Steve L
Westfalia pop-top 1990 1.6JX

pfield69
80-90 Mem No: 8419

Post by pfield69 »

definitely pole and clips. I have 3 awnings depending what my outing is and I use pole and clips fro them all.
Justkamper sun awning, Royal traveller and Khyam Driveaway XC