Absolutely no oil pressure Syncro MV...advice please

Syncro 4&4 Discussion and Q&A last answered over 2 years ago.
You may also want to visit the Wiki(pedia) for a more structured index of T25 repair, maintenance, technical and ownership topics (browse for Syncro links)

You can find further syncro specific information on the Syncronauts website.

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

Boldsailor
80-90 Mem No: 14829

Absolutely no oil pressure Syncro MV...advice please

Post by Boldsailor »

I had the buzzer of doom on my 1990 Syncro with 2.1 MV engine...low oil pressure. Tried the usual things first and changed the two oil pressure switches...no joy. Finally changed the oil pump the other day and got loads of oil pressure but unfortunately a leak between the oil pump housing and the crankcase. Stripped it all back down, new gaskets, new oil pump nuts, put it all back together and there is now zero oil pressure, there was none from start up. Have just taken it apart again and the oil pump is fine, turns properly and no damage in that area anywhere. There is no oil leaking from any part of the engine. But in the oil that I drained there is fragments of what appears to be a small plastic ring and some thin and small lengths of what appears to be stringy rubber. I am assuming that the added oil pressure has burst something but I have no idea what and what sort of repair would be involved. Can anyone offer some advice please as to what these fragments might come from? I would appreciate any advice that I can get.
Thanks
Boldsailor
2.1 Syncro Tintop Camper

silverbullet
Trader
80-90 Mem No: 6908

Re: Absolutely no oil pressure Syncro MV...advice please

Post by silverbullet »

Stringy stiff is possibly silicone sealant or maybe ptfe tape it it's been used in error? Check the oil filter, the bypass valve may have failed. Fit a fresh filter and prime it with oil before fitting. Crank over with plugs out and coil disconnected for quick oil pressure and no risk of start-up oil starvation.

toomanytoys
Trader
80-90 Mem No: 41

Post by toomanytoys »

You are checking the pressure with a pressure gauge arent you??

But.. if there really is no oil pressure and its been run several times by the sounds of it.. then I doubt its gonna last a lot longer.. bearings dont generally like to run dry..

Boldsailor
80-90 Mem No: 14829

Post by Boldsailor »

Thank you for your responses. I did what you suggested Silverbullet and a few other things as well and have now got my oil pressure back and the the engine is once again running quietly.
2.1 Syncro Tintop Camper