Toffe wheel

Thin bits of metal and bright blue light.

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

jdreamer
80-90 Mem No: 6207

Toffe wheel

Post by jdreamer »

I have previously used a toffee wheel to remove joker stickers on one side of my van. Finally got around to trying the other side with a new toffee wheel and it is not working well. Previous wheel was soft and as long as used at low rpm, worked fine with no paint damage. New wheel from eBay is harder rubber and is marking paint quite badly (at same speed). Wheel looks very similar to old, but obviously different compound. Anyone know if you can get different types, as I can't use this new one. Previously tried heat and even thinners, but not as effective as my old t wheel. Any thoughts appreciated.

Cheers, j

aerovolito
80-90 Mem No: 10794

Re: Toffe wheel

Post by aerovolito »

Did the same on mine a few days ago. Used a heat gun and (carefully) peeled stickers away. I find that pulling the sticker back against itself (as opposed to pulling it up) works best.

I then removed the residual glue with a microfibre cloth and WD-40. Took about an hour and worked a treat.
Up is the new Down
Jacked Up 88 Westy Joker Hi-Top
87 Unimog Ambulance slowly turning into a camper

jdreamer
80-90 Mem No: 6207

Post by jdreamer »

Yep, just been doing similar. Used heat gun & then panel wipe to remove the adhesive. Slow....was much easier with the old toffee wheel. Guess I'll continue with this method. Westfalia did a good job putting em on though, eh!

Cheers, j

Eta-Beta

Post by Eta-Beta »

If there marking then your getting then too hot fella,s, slowly does it left to right. or up n down.
T25 Vanaru EJ25

Andrew Evers
80-90 Mem No: 9188

Toffe wheel

Post by Andrew Evers »

Just spent 3 days doing mine. Used a heat gun and a plastic wall paper remover pallet. I then used some floor glue remover and then tar remover to really easily get the glue off. Just had the same graphics put on and it looks awesome. My old graphics had been on over 25 years and had very bad crazing. Not now.
1989 T25 2.1l Carthago Malibu Conversion