AZ TD engine/to gearbox question

for questions and answers about alternative power transplants on the T25, GTi, Porsche,Subaru etc, this is the place. You must register to post but anyone can read.

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

Nice Dude
80-90 Mem No: 7327

AZ TD engine/to gearbox question

Post by Nice Dude »

Hi, before i asked the question idid seach wiki but couldnt find answer, ive got a 1.9 DG wasser now and thinking about putting in a 1.9TD AZ engine in for bit more pulling power and hopefully a bit more mpg. my question is around the gearbox mainly, does it fit straight onto the 1.9 DG gearbox ok or do i need to change it with clutch etc? Also, does the AZ td fit onto te original engine mounts?? any help with how this fits into the T25 would be great, anyone got a list of parts needed would be sooooo helpful! cheers

H-G
80-90 Mem No: 7142

Re: AZ TD engine/to gearbox question

Post by H-G »

From memory (so may forget something) and working from the gearbox backwards;

Diesel input shaft
Diesel bell housing
Diesel starter motor
JX clutch, flywheel and spigot bearing
JX '"pooh"' plate
JX water pipes
JX aux water pump
JX sump and oil feed
brickworks turbo return pipe
JX oil pickup
Diesel engine bars and mounts
Diesel loom (glow plugs, fuel cut out etc)
Diesel fuel filter
Possibly diesel fuel tank (not sure about the fuel return side of things)
Depending on how you want to set up the inlet and exhaust you may want to get a JX manifold set as well as exhaust system
Air filter and brackets along with the induction pipe work.

Things to consider:
Oil cooler
Cam belt change and bottom pulley bolt change
Diesel clock set

This was my post showing the JX to AAZ conversion I did which you may find useful

http://forum.club8090.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=70834" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

This may also be useful to you

http://wiki.club8090.co.uk/index.php/Al ... gine_1.9TD" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

If you are local to Huntingdon then you are more than welcome to take a look at my AAZ conversion before you take the plunge. To give you an idea of cost, my conversion was the best part of £1k including the engine and starting with a diesel van so didn't need to find the extra diesel bits and bobs.

Try searching on Brickwerks for additional info however there is loads of info out there.

Hope this is useful and doesn't put you off.

Nice Dude
80-90 Mem No: 7327

Re: AZ TD engine/to gearbox question

Post by Nice Dude »

MAny thanks for the repy, quite a shopping list! Seems a popular conversion so time to think it over and get saving!
Cheers