Hi all,
I'm looking at the different ways people have added LED lighting to the interior of their T25s and was wondering what setups have worked well.
I'm particularly interested in low-power lighting for areas such as the kitchen/worktop, cupboards and general interior space. LED strip seems like it could be useful where you want more even illumination without taking up much room.
For anyone who has fitted LED lighting to their van, how did you approach the wiring and switching? Did you run it from the leisure battery, and did you use separate fuses for the different lighting circuits?
I'm also interested in whether anyone has found a good way of mounting the strip so it stays secure in a van environment, particularly around areas that see more heat, moisture or movement.
What would you do differently if you were installing the lighting again?
LED lighting for the interior of a T25
Moderators: User administrators, Moderators
Re: LED lighting for the interior of a T25
What conversion have you got.
I have a westy.
Replace the festoons that illuminate with the doors for LED - thats a significant upgrade in itself.
Replace the dash bulbs with led (campervan culture) massive upgrade.
You can run the new lamps (above your kitchen) from the power and grounds of the door lamps. Thats how it is done on the westy - same fuse 3.
look on the likes of ebay for 12v led caravan camper - lots of options.
Always remove the fuse or better the -ve on battery when doing electric work.
There are many posts on the subject if you search the forum, BY forum and the samba.
I personally have never liked the roll strips of led. Some do some dont.
I was in 2 minds to replace the original westy floros with led earlier this year. I did not bother as the floros are 8w and the led 5w.
Make you you get the correct colour led. Some if the ice white stuff is hard on the eyes.
Good luck and post back!
I have a westy.
Replace the festoons that illuminate with the doors for LED - thats a significant upgrade in itself.
Replace the dash bulbs with led (campervan culture) massive upgrade.
You can run the new lamps (above your kitchen) from the power and grounds of the door lamps. Thats how it is done on the westy - same fuse 3.
look on the likes of ebay for 12v led caravan camper - lots of options.
Always remove the fuse or better the -ve on battery when doing electric work.
There are many posts on the subject if you search the forum, BY forum and the samba.
I personally have never liked the roll strips of led. Some do some dont.
I was in 2 minds to replace the original westy floros with led earlier this year. I did not bother as the floros are 8w and the led 5w.
Make you you get the correct colour led. Some if the ice white stuff is hard on the eyes.
Good luck and post back!
Westfalia Hightop Top Joker 1.6TD - aka Daisy, my labour of love