1982 T25 advice

Thin bits of metal and bright blue light. Including glass & trim.

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

KashewNut
80-90 Mem No: 0

1982 T25 advice

Post by KashewNut »

Hi all 😁

Yesterday we bought a T25 1982 camper. I'm super happy with it and excited to get out and about.

The previous owners have kept on top of jobs but there's still a lot to be done. My first issue is that the wipers don't work, which made the 6 hr journey home in the rain challenging.. I've ordered a new intermittent relay and some fuses so I can replace them all and see if that fixes it. Then I'm thinking of separating the blowers from the wipers because I've heard that can be a problem.

There are a few leaks, one of the problems that needs sorting ASAP is the gap at the bottom of the window in the hitop roof. I've googled but I'm not sure what I can do to mend it temporarily and then to actually fix. Could anyone point me in the right direction for information?

I also wondered if anyone had recommendations for garages/mechanics local to Norfolk. I need to think about replacing the window seals and getting some holes/rust in the bodywork mended.

Thanks in advance 😊

Jeff J
80-90 Mem No: 13853

Re: 1982 T25 advice

Post by Jeff J »

Post some pics of the window if you can

Rosie n' Jim
80-90 Mem No: 0

Re: 1982 T25 advice

Post by Rosie n' Jim »

My 1982 vans don't have intermittent wipers, and I'm not sure what the blowers you refer to are? Has it been modified?
1982 Holdsworth poptop. 2L CU Aircooled.
1982 Danbury tintop Caravelle. 2L CU Aircooled.