Left hand drive sliding door latch

Big lumps of metals and spanners. Including servicing and fluids.

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

Wolfmaine
80-90 Mem No: 17642

Left hand drive sliding door latch

Post by Wolfmaine »

hi
im about exhausted trying to locate a new latch for a left hand sliding door on a 1990 T3/T25 so here is my question, 
1 is the anywhere i can get one from-(brickworks, just campers and heritage only stock r/h) 
2 im assuming that the parts in a RH are identical to a lefthand except the outer casing so would it be viable to take a RH apart to rebuild a Left hand latch .
Ta peoples
https://brickwerks.co.uk/product/door-l ... oor-right/

Aidan
Trader
80-90 Mem No: 742

Re: Left hand drive sliding door latch

Post by Aidan »

what's the problem with yours ?
Pops onto 2nd stage latch going around corners ?
They often spread due to misalignment of the door (the body changes shape over time due to corrosion and flex) and especially the latch riding the pin on the body to lift up and lock in correct position
Solution can be remove from door, squeeze in vice top to bottom refit and then check the door alignment is perfect (or as close as it can be now) as per Bentley and adjust the pin position if necessary

ZsZ
80-90 Mem No: 14899

Re: Left hand drive sliding door latch

Post by ZsZ »

I assume the tongues are the same, the springs and the housing is symmetrical to LHD.

There are repair kits from the US with new fingers, you might be able to use those
Zoltan
1986 Multivan ex-Caravelle. Van since 2006, running mTDi 1Z since 2008 with Fiat Croma 1.9 TDid pump 2008-2019, custom pump since 2019
5spd custom box 4.57 diff + 0.74 5th