Westfalia pop top front mechanism

Thin bits of metal and bright blue light. Including glass & trim.

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

dazzerT251900td

Westfalia pop top front mechanism

Post by dazzerT251900td »

Hi everyone.
I wonder if someone can help with information on the front pop top handle you push up.
Mine as lost its assist when pushing up,I’ve got all the weight of it and no help from inside the tube system.
I herd one steel cable snapped once and now none of them work.
Can I replaced these steel cable assist points? Somehow.
kind regards Darren.

davidoft1
Trader
80-90 Mem No: 16628

Re: Westfalia pop top front mechanism

Post by davidoft1 »

dazzerT251900td wrote: 30 Jan 2024, 18:17 Hi everyone.
I wonder if someone can help with information on the front pop top handle you push up.
Mine as lost its assist when pushing up,I’ve got all the weight of it and no help from inside the tube system.
I herd one steel cable snapped once and now none of them work.
Can I replaced these steel cable assist points? Somehow.
kind regards Darren.

The cables are pretty easy to replace , check
The bar hasn’t worn through causing the mechanism to bind

dazzerT251900td

Thank you,will have a look when it gets a bit better weather.I might prop the pop top up and take the tube mechanism off and check it all out inside the tubes.
kind regards Darren Clarke.

dazzerT251900td

Hi People.
I took my Westfalia pop up bar mechanism off this weekend and fixed it.The Horizontal bar had worn through on both sides(not very thick steel tube).
I got some thicker steel tube,but smaller diameter  and pushed that into existing horizontal bar at both ends pass the nut&bolt hole.Drilled the nut and bolt hole through new tubing.Then I had to use some more steel tubing to go over the new thick tubing at both ends to bring me back to original length and diameter to pass through mechanism s at both ends.I put to new nut and bolts on and waiting to put it back on my camper.
Hopefully this looks and feels it will work.There is a lot of pressure on the horizontal bar on the roof when it is down and it’s pushing against the bar all the time.Cheers.Hope this help anyone doing this job.