Battery box

The Tardis factor (interiors, awnings, roofs etc)

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

nicklee
80-90 Mem No: 0

Battery box

Post by nicklee »

[font]Battery box

I have 2x100Ah renogy batteries currently in 2 separate battery boxes. I’d like to get them both in one box, has anyone used any good boxes suitable for 2 batteries?[/font]

Porkscratching
80-90 Mem No: 17422

Re: Battery box

Post by Porkscratching »

I have two leisure batteries, one under each of the front seats with the live connecting them on the outside of the body. I see it as an even weight distribution. The connecting live is really heavy duty high amp cable threaded inside a length of water pipe for added safety.
1990 Westy HiTop 1.6 JX
Time is precious, waste it wisely folks.

Robsey
80-90 Mem No: 11137

Post by Robsey »

That is only possible on diesel models where the starter battery is at the back of the van.

For 'petrol' readers, the starter battery in in the battery box under the driver's seat.
So only space for one leisure battery, unless you locate the second (or both) inside a seat box in the main body of the van (buddy seat or bench seat).

Although my interpretation of the question, is finding a battery box big enough to house both batteries.

I cannot think of any that I have seen.
Short of having a good look on Google or Ebay, I am not sure.

Or - there are many plastic fabrication companies out there that could make up a box to your specification.
3mm thick ABS or polyprop should be good enough.
1983 Tin Top with a poorly DF and 4 speed DT box.
1987 Electrics and a DJ engine.
Maybe one day I might get it finished

Porkscratching
80-90 Mem No: 17422

Post by Porkscratching »

Robsey wrote: 16 Aug 2023, 08:29 That is only possible on diesel models where the starter battery is at the back of the van.

For 'petrol' readers, the starter battery in in the battery box under the driver's seat.

Agreed. The OP didn't specify his engine (knor in his signature). I assumed (probably wrongly) that if both batteries were in boxes that they'd be under the front seats.
As ever my mistake.
1990 Westy HiTop 1.6 JX
Time is precious, waste it wisely folks.